How trustworthy is Bluenile?

I just did the same thing and had an excellent experience. They sent me pictures when requested and compared stones for me. They were very knowledgeable to talk to. They also have a great return policy if you are not happy and you can upgrade later if you like. You are fairly safe as long as you stay with their Signature Ideal line. What are you looking for?

I am not sure because I bought an asscher but I would probably stay with Signature Ideal because they provide the extra report showing the actual picture of the diamond and its assessment on light performance.

I'm wondering how they ship the more expensive items? My neighborhood is pretty safe, but I'd worry about UPS leaving the box at another house or something and then saying it was delivered. I've had that happen.

I'm wondering how they ship the more expensive items? My neighborhood is pretty safe, but I'd worry about UPS leaving the box at another house or something and then saying it was delivered. I've had that happen.

From what I recall, they ship anything over $1000 with a direct signature required. If you are not home you could have them ship to your local shipping office where you could pick up with an ID.

We purchased my 1.5 ct ideal stone @ Blue Nile and it was a GREAT experience. I immediately got it appraised and it came in ~$1500 more than we paid for it which was comforting. Good luck!

Look at angles, not just the Blue Nile grade. The GIA and AGS reports will have angles. The best way to know you truly have a great cut and quality stone is to learn what that stuff means.

I've bought 3 rings from BN. Can't comment on the diamond quality since they were 7 stone & eternities and you can't choose your stones, but the service was excellent. I had them sent to Australia, returned one and traded it for a bigger one, they were very professional.