How To work for Louis Vuitton...

Louis_Vuitton_Lover

Chanel Lover
O.G.
Feb 6, 2006
I was wondering you ladies/gents have ever wanted to work at Louis Vuitton?? I want to, but I was wondering how much they pay and what is their discounts? or any other benefits to working there?

I would love to be surrounded with beautiful bags all day and help people purchase their new bag.

I think there was another thread about this a while back. I recall someone saying they make about $18/hr and they get 1/2 off of all the floor models, I think???? It's really hard to get into a position there from what I hear.

wow! that would be super cool to work at LV! I know over here, the have custom made suits with little LV buttons! totally smart looking and all the SA can speak other languages! it would be so awesome to work there!!! :smile:

I had spoken with my S/A at the Vuitton in the Plaza (NJ) and she said that they recruited top buyers and managers from other luxury stores. So it's not like they advertise for help. At least not there.

i honestly don't think i'd work any kind of clothing or apparel retail ever again. it's boring beyond boring, even if the store is busy or it's a store you shop at yourself. i sell appliances right now, and i enjoy it much more. i like explaining things and telling people how things work, etc. people rely much more on you to sell them the right thing and understand their needs and how they relate to the product, which i like. your responsibility and role in the transaction is much larger.

I would love to work at LV. I love their products so much, as I know much of you ladies do as well, but I am looking for a job right now and that would be a perfect dream job. Especially the discount and pay. It wouldn't be bad for a student like me. Lol

JoV said:
I had spoken with my S/A at the Vuitton in the Plaza (NJ) and she said that they recruited top buyers and managers from other luxury stores. So it's not like they advertise for help. At least not there.
makes sense. they want to hire people that have a rolodex full of clientele that can afford high-end goods ;)

Well I asked my SA about it and she said they get paid just average department store salaries and that they only get discounts at certain times of the year and not on current seasons lines.