How to wear City cross-body...

xruletarusax

Dec 29, 2009
Sorry if it's been discussed before, but I did a search and couldn't find specifics on this.

I love the city shape and size, everything except the length of the long strap.

Some ladies here have talked about adding brass clips to make it longer...

What kind of hardware do you add specifically? Or are there other creative ideas?

Pictures are welcome!

Thanks!

How about the Part Time instead of the City? Sorry if that isn't helpful, I don't like the strap size on the City so I returned it for a part time. I love cross body. I did make a strap longer on a LV though by adding a lock through a strap hole, but the LV has an adjustable strap so it was much easier!

^^^ That must be a change in policy. I was quoted $85 for a new black part time strap a year and a half ago.

OP, do a search in the reference section, I am sure there are some threads on how people have extended the strap. A few use the Balenciaga boobie or planet, it has a ring at one end and a clip at the other. It's discontinued but they do pop up for resale regularly.

I was told that I could place an order for the strap separately too - about a year ago.

As for how to extend, in addition to using boobies, someone used chains - double it, so that it goes around the ring on the bag, and use the clip of the strap to attach to both ends of the chain.

Yes, here you go, 06 Bal boobie with 02 fbf:

Black06Boobie_fbf.jpg

Black06Boobie_fbf_2.jpg
Black06Boobie_fbf_4.jpg

^^Fantastic photos! Yes! That's perfect. So gorgeous on your fbf too! I used mine on my black city to do the same thing. Makes it so much easier to wear crossbody.

Yes, I've used it on my part time too, although for some reason I especially like it on the fbf.

Do you wear your boobie at the front or the back Beaux?