How to wear BRIGHT red tights.

May 18, 2008
I recently bought a pair of Wolford streamline leggings in "tomato". These tights are BRIGHT RED!! I've been looking for a picture on line, but I can't seem to come up with one. I am in love with them! I just can't figure out how to wear them without comming off as TOO much. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
My music teacher in school always wore bright red leggings in winter and looked fantastic. Kudos to you for being brave enough to wear them! :biggrin:
My recommendation is either go neutral with the rest of the outfit or go all all out eighties style.

First option, wear all black or white (or more of a cream colour which would be less harsh) and let your tights be the pop of colour. A simple LBD with a skinny red belt would be a cute option. Or a black pencil skirt and black tank. Similar styles would work with the cream outfit too. A simple trench could go over the top for warmth/ rainy weather and still let the tights be the focus.

Second option; eighties, You could go all out neon brights in oranges, reds and yellows and a contrasting bag... this particularly comes to mind lol:
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/48683 (I think it would look fantastic against red!).

That's my two cents :smile:

Thankyou! I love the neuteral option, but I'm not too keen on the whole 80's thing.
My trench is red, so adding that to the outfit would be just too much red! hahaha. Thanks for the suggestion though!

And thanks for all your help! :smile:

i see from ur avatar that u like blair from gossip girl, so wear them like she does!! she wore a lot of red tights in season 1, so maybe you could look up some pictures as inspiration on how to wear them!

In this months issue of Glamour on the first few pages theres a Kate Spade ad and the model is wearing bright red tights! She paired it with a cream/ivorty tunic/dress. It looked pretty cute!

I think that the shorter the bottom or dress against the red tights the better the contrast and the better the tights look.

Heres some reference pics:

gossip+girl+b+red+tights.jpg

blair2.jpg

red+tights.jpg

Thanks everyone!!
I do love blair, but my only problem is being able to wear them like her, in the real world. Hahaha. My favorite is deffinantly the one in "Hi Society" after dance practice. with the shorts and blazer. I'll try to find something like that.

Thanks everyone!!
I do love blair, but my only problem is being able to wear them like her, in the real world. Hahaha. My favorite is deffinantly the one in "Hi Society" after dance practice. with the shorts and blazer. I'll try to find something like that.

I concur, haha. That outfit is probably my most favorite one from her character... if I only I could pull it off myself.