How to wear a red belt

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. A couple of months ago, I purchased a tomato red belt that's about 1.5 inches wide, made of structured leather. I haven't figured out how to wear it yet. Any ideas????

2. You can wear it around a cardi, w/jeans, around a winter coat, etc...

3. omg so many options!!! try dark rinse jeans, white T and red flats (matching red or any red!! even yellow or ANY OTHER color will do!!)

u can also have a gray boyfriend cardigan and would be such a cute casual chic outfit!

4. The belt is too thick to fit in jean belt loops. I love the idea of pairing it with dark wash jeans and long gray top or cardigan. I generally like to stick to neutral color palletes so this purchase was sorta "out-there" for me.

5. i loved this look! it make a conservative suit still professional and more interesting ;)

[​IMG]

or maybe with a dress?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. I just had a professional put together an outfit for me. It was leggings (almost like a dark jean color not quite black), a long black and white top with a thick red belt to make it pop.

I think you can add a red belt as an accent color to almost anything. (except maybe orange!)

Good luck

7. I have a red belt and it is so much fun to work it into my wardrobe! Red normally does not look good on me, so I use accessories and have one red LV belt. I wear it with jeans, different colors of dresses and those two pictures above is a perfect example.

8. I've worn a red patent belt with a LWD (lil white dress)/LBD. I think it would look fabulous with a dark wash pair of jeans (something like J Brand Ink - no distressing) or black, a medium grey tunic and some great bangles. I love red accents in a black/white outfit. A red patent belt can also add a nice pop to a black/white dress. Red patent also looks fabulous with navy... you could do blue jeans, a navy tunic and the red belt (I'd go for camel shoes in this case). I've also worn mine with a neutral brown dress (hard to describe the color), a beige bag with gold h/w and leopard peep-toes! Anyway, you have a LOT of options!! :smile:

9. Awesome suggestions. Fieryfashionist, I would have never thought of wearing a red belt with browns, beiges, and gold accents! Thank you all for the fab pictures and suggestions!! :smile:

10. ^I think it works well with that color palette too... it's a nice change from the black/white/grey/navy ideas (that will look fabulous too)! :smile:

I think I may have a crappy picture somewhere... here it is!
    [​IMG]

11. fieryfashionist : i love the red belt and leopard print shoes together!

I also think it would be a nice addition to a black and white outfit..I've always loved that color combo

12. fieryfashionist, awesome pic... nice bag!