How to wear a madeline?

Here is a pic of me in my medium platinum Madeline for reference.
CIMG4555.jpg

I wish I did. I should have said mine was medium. I had to return mine back in September. I went to wipe down the handles one morning and the parchment color was coming off. The bag was on clearance when I bought her so I'm watching for a beet leather one at a good price. I really love Maddie and miss mine even though I didnt have her long. There's a pic of her in the what's in your bag thread around Sept 15th.

It better be. I'd hate to see the Maddie police lookin for ya.

:police:

• You have the right to remain silent.

• Anything you do say may be used against you in a Coach court of law.

• You have the right to consult a bag attorney before speaking to the police and to have a bag attorney present during questioning now or in the future.

• If you cannot afford a bag attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish.
Do you understand?
:wtf: Buu-hhhhhhhh-ttt, officer, I didn't do anything. I'm innocent I tell ya.

I am so glad the Coach police is not after me--unless it's for buying too many Coach bags. Then, I am totally guuuilty. :yes:

If so, then I deserve to be ... :banned: for life!

Last edited:
I did snip the bow, but only because I wanted to be able to use other scarves on Maddie as well. I will still use the polka dot one sometimes, but I like to be able to swap depending on my outfit and my mood. :yes:

I think I will carry my Maddie for as long as I could before the snippy urge overtakes me. I am now waiting for the Siberian cold spell to dissipate and warmer and lighter weather to return before I give my Maddie a chance to see the world.

I love my new ponytail scarves and I will probably just want to try as many as I could on the bag. :yes:

I just love that the Maddie can be so dressy and fun to use. I am anticipating my first chance to use it. :nuts:

I'm jealous of those girls who got the Medium. As soon as I got the Large, months later they came out with a medium size. Unfortunately I already used my Large one that time and so I couldn't get myself to buy a smaller one. It was cuter and more appropriate for my age. oh well.

I did snip the bow, but only because I wanted to be able to use other scarves on Maddie as well. I will still use the polka dot one sometimes, but I like to be able to swap depending on my outfit and my mood. :yes:

I did, too. And I'm so glad that I did. The original Madeline scarf (I got the one in pink) was cute, but it got a bit boring for my taste. I kind of wish I got the Madeline that came with the tattersall/dot pattern scarves though. I got so jealous and mad when those came out. lol. I wish Coach sold those scarves individually. They were so pretty!

^Wowee, Edanna, thanks for that info.^

I didn't know why they had different scarves when I went to the sale. I had the later Tattersall scarf one on my beet. I didn't realize the Madeline 'evolved' over time. I guess the best way to appreciate that is to read the manufacturing dates on the creeds of a bunch of them.

I agree that if I just had the polka dot one for awhile (like, several months) then I would get rid of it and find another scarf to try on. They have so many pretty scarves out now that I would be tempted to try different colours.

I didn't know that they came out with the large before the medium. I guess they just didn't have the nerve to push out the small. I don't recall ever seeing a small version. I agree that I was hesitant to get the large (or business tote size) because the medium is a bit cuter. It's the size of the turnlock and hardware in proportion to the size. On the Carly it is similar--same hardware but on a smaller bag, the stuff looks bigger especially the turnlocks. On the Zoe it's a little different--they have more buckles as the bag gets bigger. I would like the larger bag because it can hold more but as a shoulder bag, the medium is fine.

Also, Kristinmcd, you look very lovely with your Madeline in your picture! :heart::heart:

Last edited:
I have the green maddie, she's a large.. but I dont really like putting her on my shoulder. She's so structured, it just feel balky under my arm. I prefer mooshy hobo's for shoulder bags. Maybe once spring comes and I dont have to wear heavy winter coats (for Michigan's zero degree weather) she might feel better on my shoulder.

Attachments

• mymaddie.JPG
    mymaddie.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 25