How to wear a denim jacket?

tmc089

O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
What's your best advice for rockin' a jean jacket? I have this totally cute one I got a few years back from Hollister, I love it, only I've worn it like twice. I hear when you wear a jean jacket with jeans you should match the denim...but I don't want to look like a jean monster. What's your advice for wearing it and not looking like a fool? TIA girls!

A denim jacket is a cute contrast to girly tops and skirts. Since I never wear long coats, my denim jacket is what I wear the majority of the time.

My two rules are: Never wear denim with denim; and a denim coat needs to be classic, i.e. Levis, Gaps, or similar, but cut for a girl. I am not a fan of the various interpretations on denim jackets out there at all.

I recently bought a denim jacket too, and had trouble figuring out what to wear it with...but most of the time i wear them with leggings, sundress, black jeans (jbrand), or khakis.

I have a couple of denim jackets, one from Old Navy and the other from True Religion cropped denim jacket. I wear it with tunics and leggings, khakis, black, white dressy capris. Anything but denim.