How to wear a denim jacket?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. What's your best advice for rockin' a jean jacket? I have this totally cute one I got a few years back from Hollister, I love it, only I've worn it like twice. I hear when you wear a jean jacket with jeans you should match the denim...but I don't want to look like a jean monster. What's your advice for wearing it and not looking like a fool? TIA girls!

2. I don't think you should wear a denim jacket and pants. Denim on denim is too much, I think. Try black or white pants.

3. over a spring/summer dress or skirt

4. Urgh NEVER wear jeans with a denim jacket! Looks beyond horrible. Wear it over a dress or with trousers

5. Thanks ladiesss :heart:

6. A denim jacket is a cute contrast to girly tops and skirts. Since I never wear long coats, my denim jacket is what I wear the majority of the time.

My two rules are: Never wear denim with denim; and a denim coat needs to be classic, i.e. Levis, Gaps, or similar, but cut for a girl. I am not a fan of the various interpretations on denim jackets out there at all.

7. i love the look of a sundress and a white denim jacket! perfect for those cooler months, and offers an edgy alternative to a cardigan :smile:

8. You all are awesome! Thanks!!

9. I recently bought a denim jacket too, and had trouble figuring out what to wear it with...but most of the time i wear them with leggings, sundress, black jeans (jbrand), or khakis.

10. i wear them over work clothes, dresses, and skirts. i agree, denim + denim = denim overload

11. black, simple dress paired with a light jean jacket - perfect!!

12. I love to wear denim jackets over a semi dressy dress to sort of dress it down a bit. Denim over white denim looks good too

13. I have a couple of denim jackets, one from Old Navy and the other from True Religion cropped denim jacket. I wear it with tunics and leggings, khakis, black, white dressy capris. Anything but denim.

14. I never, ever pair a denim jacket with jeans! I agree with others that it looks cute over a summer dress or khakis, black slacks etc.