how to use a green bag?

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
There is a beautiful Elliott Lucca clutch at my local Nordies. Only 60 dollars...killer price...but Green...I mean GREEN...the crayola green...kelly green.

There was also a metallic pink and a pink I didn't like. I want to grab the green but can't justify it, even with the killer price because I can't imagine how to wear it.

Ideas?:wlae: I'm lookin' for a way to wear it. I will run back and grab it...it's been there for a couple weeks, but GREEN?

Funny, I was just asking myself the same question last weekend when I was at Banana Republic and looking at one of their green clutches. I couldn't decide if I had clothes to go with a green bag or would it be too bright.

I ended up buying it because I think it's such a pretty color and will give your outfit a pop of color.

Attachments

• green BR clutch.jpg
    green BR clutch.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 898
I wear green bags with almost anything except red. It gives a great pop of color to neutral outfits, or if you are bold you can pair it with other colors as well. I just avoid red because it can look to Christmas-y.

Conservative? Jeans, white button down, tan or black heels, kelly green clutch. Do you have any patterned clothing with any green in it? Use the clutch to pick up the green in a print fabric.

To go bolder, you could add plum heels instead of a neutral. Little wilder? What about a great blue or fuschia top or dress, the green clutch, and some bangles in the same color hardware as the bag? :graucho:

I think green can be very versatile and fun. Someone posted a comment I liked in the "green bags" thread - that is is a color found in nature, so it goes with a ton!

Cvu79, I love that clutch you got!

I am looking for that color green bag! I mean green like grass green. I just love that color. I think it would look great with blue, black, white, like Greenpixie said everything but red that would like to much like Christmas.

I must check out Nordies. For $60 that bag would have been mine, I spent more on gas this morning!

I am looking for that color green bag! I mean green like grass green. I just love that color. I think it would look great with blue, black, white, like Greenpixie said everything but red that would like to much like Christmas.

I must check out Nordies. For $60 that bag would have been mine, I spent more on gas this morning!

I KNEW someone was looking...ugh.

Okay, I have learned so much. Thank you. And I do love color, but this shade of lifesaver green was beyond even my color abilities to consider. Thank you.

And there's a green bag thread? I searched green...oops.

My Kate Spade bag, the one that has been abused by its maker, is the traditional Kate Spade green color, grass or crayola green if you will. I wear it with everything and since I don't ever wear red, I don't have to worry about the Christmas thing going on. I just don't carry it during the winter months, although I should I just don't. I bought another Kate Spade in the same style but in chocolate brown suede with matching brown patent trim so I use that during the winter months. I LOVE GREEN! It's my signature color and 3 of my better made bags are in differing shades of green. It's the most popular color in nature so I think it goes with everything. Interior decorators are even starting to consider it a neutral.

I have a Green Cole Haan clutch and I get compliments every time I carry it. It is pretty much Kelly Green too. I wear it with blue jeans and white jeans and it looks really nice with my blue and black suits. Just don't match your shoes with the bag or you will look like Krystal Carrington from Dynasty! If you are old enough to remember that show...:yes:

I just bought a new green Chocolat Blu the other day and I was wondering the same thing! But I loved the color so much.

I've been carrying it for the last few days to make sure it's going to be comfortable enough for my trip (and it IS, btw - GREAT travel bag!) and thinking WTH do I wear with it.

Then it hit me.

ANYTHING YOU WANT!

I have discovered that everything goes with green!

And we are living in a time where bags no longer have to match your clothing - as long as they don't clash. So far, I haven't worn anything I thought clashed with it. Even wore a royal blue shirt today and it still looked great.

I just bought a new green Chocolat Blu the other day and I was wondering the same thing! But I loved the color so much.

I've been carrying it for the last few days to make sure it's going to be comfortable enough for my trip (and it IS, btw - GREAT travel bag!) and thinking WTH do I wear with it.

Then it hit me.

ANYTHING YOU WANT!

I have discovered that everything goes with green!

And we are living in a time where bags no longer have to match your clothing - as long as they don't clash. So far, I haven't worn anything I thought clashed with it. Even wore a royal blue shirt today and it still looked great.

I bet royal blue and green were stunning!

I've been carrying an emerald green MJ for the past week. I used it as an everyday bag, so I didn't try to match it with anything. I received several compliments on the bag. Have fun with color!

Conservative? Jeans, white button down, tan or black heels, kelly green clutch. Do you have any patterned clothing with any green in it? Use the clutch to pick up the green in a print fabric.

To go bolder, you could add plum heels instead of a neutral. Little wilder? What about a great blue or fuschia top or dress, the green clutch, and some bangles in the same color hardware as the bag? :graucho:

Greenpixie, I was wondering if you would weigh in, with your gorgeous green avatar!! You should be a stylist, what great ideas! :tup:

My first thought was navy, then I thought purple, then royal blue. I do think black is good, too; I know someone who wears a lot of green and black, which I wouldn't have thought of, but if it a great color combo.