How to tie....

Hello Angela,
I'm new to the forum ,but have been playing around with my H scarves for ages. This looks like a basic granny knot [just a double knot]pulled up close to the neck. It's a less formal knot than the neater flat knot which is also a double knot , but ends up with both ends showing right side. Love the casual look with the richness of that silk .
I adore the scarf in the photo , can't make out the title.

Thank you so much everyone... I am going to have a practice.... Scarf Addict, I love your videos, they help so much... can I ask though, are your scarfs the 70, not the 90? I seem to end up with soooo much silk!!!!

Many thanks, Angela

Glad to have helped angela.m

I have a mix of both 90cms and 70cms - although with the way prices are going I will be sticking mainly to 70cms from now on! I agree the 90cms can end up swamping you in silk especially if you are only small too, but if you fold and knot the right way it is not so bad - the scarf rings also help - you just have to experiment and find what suits you. A Friendship Knot is good as that uses up a lot of the length in a 90cm - perhaps try that one?

Last edited:
I feel the same about the scarf sizes. In the distant past I wore the classic H scarves just like a large triangle knotted in front over a coat or jacket. Having moved away from that aesthetic I love wearing them in the less obvious ways , like a necklace or tied behind. I also really appreciate the wonderful videos on Scarf Addict's site: that actually switched me back to the Hermes silks which I hadn't looked at in years. Many thanks for that too . I'm now starting to buy the modern designs , and I'm hooked !

I'm hooked too frou frou and Scarf Addict!... I just adore the beauty of the scarfs, and I've been wearing twilly's for a little while and now moved to the scarfs... the 90's I struggle to feel really comfortable with, maybe its just because I am not used to them, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I want it to look just perfect, which of course isn't possible as they move around during the day. I fancy I will try a 70 - can't hurt can it.... :smile: thanking everyone for their comments.

regards,

angela