How to tell when you should sell a bag?

forchanel

Aug 2, 2007
I love all of my Chanel bag's but I've always sort of regretted buying the expandable drawstring tote and the perforated e/w bag. Are they worth selling to purchase a bag i won't regret?

To replace these bags I'd probably buy a medium classic flap, just because I love classic flaps. Do you think its not worth it then since classic flaps are always available?? I know that both of these bags wont be in stores again but I think I would enjoy a classic flap more... SO HARD TO DECIDE!!

I though I'd ask for you ladies who have sold your bags before. Does anyone ever regret selling a bag?

Any help is greatly appreciated... how do you decide???

I wouldn't sell a bag unless it was NEVER/rarely used, or I knew I'd be able to buy something else I would love more/use more with the money I got from selling it.

Even it is past season or hard to find, that shouldn't be the only reason you hold onto it if it never sees the light of day. If you are still in love with these bags, perhaps just save up more or sell other things you don't use anymore... as like you said, the classic flaps are "always around" -Good luck!

I would sell them on to get the bag you really want, I read in another thread the price is going up again fror classics, if only I had enough money for a M Beige flap before then......sigh

If your bag doesn't make you happy then it's probably time to let it go. If you choose other bags over that one every single time, then it serves no purpose.
However, if you do use it but think there might be something better out there, then think long and hard. I advise trying to go a couple of weeks or a month without using the bag and if you don't find yourself looking for it, give it up.

True the classics will always be around but at these prices I imagine you're better off getting one sooner rather than later, particularly if you already know which one you really want.

I don't keep anything that I don't carry on a regular basis unless it's a special occasion bag like a clutch.
I'd rather put the $ towards something I WILL use and truly enjoy.
I am not a collector.

I sell bags whenever I get tired of them, find something I want more, or stop using them. Slowly I'm discovering what I LOVE and so I'm able to streamline my collection. What I've learned so far about Chanel: I LOVE Medium flaps!

I say sell them! You would enjoy more of what you really want which is the classic flap! yes they will always be avalialbe but the prices will just keep going up and up, better buy early! :yahoo:

I don't keep anything that I don't carry on a regular basis unless it's a special occasion bag like a clutch.
I'd rather put the $ towards something I WILL use and truly enjoy.
I am not a collector.

it takes strong sense of discipline to do. :tup: you are amazing, i dont see many girls/women has that.
and i dont have enough. :shame: