How to take pic Date Code Alma BB?

helene20

Feb 12, 2012
Does any of you have a trick to take a picture of the Date Code inside the pocket of the Alma BB? I'm asking because I have to send a pic to someone and I can't stretch this pocket to be able to take a clear picture with my iphone. Maybe someone has a tip on how to do it.

Oh my gosh in the Alma period was very difficult! So I actually stuck my phone inside the pocket and turned it so I could get the picture. Unfortunately you are going to have to stretch the pocket a tad - no worries it will go back. My husband had to help me. Good luck.

The Alma BB is fussy but have someone help hold the bag open while you manipulate the pocket to flush out the date code. To get the clearest shot don't try taking a pic head on, instead shine a bright light (the iPhone flashlight feature is pretty effective) on the leather tab to make the stamp indentations create shadows...the contrast will be significantly easier to read and take a pic of.

Does any of you have a trick to take a picture of the Date Code inside the pocket of the Alma BB? I'm asking because I have to send a pic to someone and I can't stretch this pocket to be able to take a clear picture with my iphone. Maybe someone has a tip on how to do it.

I just sold my alma bb last week. The buyer asked for a picture of the date code too. I tried for about 10 minutes and gave up. I had to tell her it's impossible and that I'd ruin the pocket. She understood thankfully.

The Alma BB is fussy but have someone help hold the bag open while you manipulate the pocket to flush out the date code. To get the clearest shot don't try taking a pic head on, instead shine a bright light (the iPhone flashlight feature is pretty effective) on the leather tab to make the stamp indentations create shadows...the contrast will be significantly easier to read and take a pic of.

I tried everything and still the pic is blurry. I don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks

I just sold my alma bb last week. The buyer asked for a picture of the date code too. I tried for about 10 minutes and gave up. I had to tell her it's impossible and that I'd ruin the pocket. She understood thankfully.

The thing is that the buyer is paying something to have it authenticated. They want the pictures.

The thing is that the buyer is paying something to have it authenticated. They want the pictures.

The best you can do is send the blurry pic to the customer/authenticator, but if that's not good enough then you may want to refuse the sale under the grounds that you are not willing to potentially damage what is still your property in order to get a clearer shot. It would be awful if you stretched out the pocket and then the customer turned around and decided they didn't want it anymore or received the bag and plays the 'item not as described' routine.

there must be a way - if you look at consignment stores they ALL have a super clear close-up of the date code, always. i'd struggle until i got a clear shot - if you don't it could mean losing the sale. and almost all buyers will want to see that, so if not her.. someone else will want it

The best you can do is send the blurry pic to the customer/authenticator, but if that's not good enough then you may want to refuse the sale under the grounds that you are not willing to potentially damage what is still your property in order to get a clearer shot. It would be awful if you stretched out the pocket and then the customer turned around and decided they didn't want it anymore or received the bag and plays the 'item not as described' routine.

there must be a way - if you look at consignment stores they ALL have a super clear close-up of the date code, always. i'd struggle until i got a clear shot - if you don't it could mean losing the sale. and almost all buyers will want to see that, so if not her.. someone else will want it

I tried again for 30 minutes and the pocket in my Alma BB is way too tight to take any form of picture of the date code. I told her and I'm waiting to see what she will say. I can't damage the bag because she will not buy it.