How to take out the smell from the bag

Pinkie*

May 17, 2017
I got pre loved Lady Dior in beautiful condition but with strange smell, smells like plastic and very intensive.
Do you have any advice?

muchstuff

"Add to cart"
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014
Vancouver
I got pre loved Lady Dior in beautiful condition but with strange smell, smells like plastic and very intensive.
Do you have any advice?
Try doing a search. There's a lot of info on TPF about that subject. We've all ended up with a smelly bag at one point I think. I typed in bad smells (advanced search) and pulled up 23 different thread prompts. Different key words will probably pull up a bunch more.
If you look in specific sub forums that have care and maintenance threads there'll be stuff there too.

TraceySH

OUT HIKING! & searching for Yeti
Feb 28, 2016
I have been told by SA to put some dryer sheets in the bag, place in the dustbag and leave for a few days. Not sure if it works, but just what I've been told when one of my Chanel arrived smelling like plastic :smile:

Reactions: Pinkie*

Pinkie*

May 17, 2017
I have been told by SA to put some dryer sheets in the bag, place in the dustbag and leave for a few days. Not sure if it works, but just what I've been told when one of my Chanel arrived smelling like plastic :smile:
I wanted to try them and then I read they are really toxic and I am afraid they will destroy the bag
I ordered then silica gel and still waiting to come