How to take care of Celine classic box bag

christineyang

Dec 16, 2015
Hi purselovers!

I recently purchased a Celine calf-skin classic box bag in taupe color. I just bought it this January and wore it for the first time a couple weekends ago. OF COURSE, the very first day I wore it, I got a scratch. I know the bag scratches easily so I'm not too distraught, but I'm hoping to keep the bag as nice as possible going forward. Do any of you Celine owners out there have any recommendations on leather lotion/cloth? I called Celine and they suggested I just use terry cloth and a leather lotion, but didn't have a particular leather lotion recommendation. They also mentioned I could bring it in for buffing after a year of owning the bag, but I really do want to do something soon. Thanks in advance!

Mine is kohl colour and to be honest it’s got lots of scratches and even when it went to the pampering spa it came back pretty much the same condition. I still love it without or without the scratches :smile:

I would not apply anything to Natural Calfskin.

Hi Sophia,

I have a blush color bag in calfskin and the unthinkable happened! Someone spilled lemonade on the bottom of my purse and out of panic.. We tried blotting and cleaning it off with baby wipes. Not sure if it had alcohol but it took the color off with it! I am still trying to recover from that. Anyway, you suggested no treatment or lotion on calfskin. Do you think it would be a bad idea to send off classic box to Purse Rehab to have the bottom recolored and cleaned then?