How to style this Alice & Olivia gown?

Naomi23

O.G.
Jan 29, 2009
I recently bought this gown for a friend's wedding. I love it but I'm really stuck when it comes to styling it.

I was thinking simple black sandals and a gold clutch with maybe some coloured gemstone earrings to give it a pop of colour as the wedding is in Spring and I think the dress might be too autumny without a touch of colour.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Attachments

• alice-olivia-green-alice-olivia-jae-open-back-gown-product-1-13210170-109608681_large_flex.jpeg
    alice-olivia-green-alice-olivia-jae-open-back-gown-product-1-13210170-109608681_large_flex.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 413
  • alice-olivia-green-alice-olivia-jae-open-back-gown-product-2-13210170-191903647_large_flex.jpeg
    alice-olivia-green-alice-olivia-jae-open-back-gown-product-2-13210170-191903647_large_flex.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 458
I love this dress! I also like the idea of turquoise earrings that the above poster suggested. I can't tell if this dress is a true eggplant purple but on my screen it's coming up a bit burgundy and my suggestion would be to try a silver clutch over a gold because the silver will pull out the cooler tones in the dress as opposed to gold which will highlight the warmer and appear a bit more autumnal to me. Also, try a nude shoe instead of a black. Black will weigh your look down. Nude, preferably without an ankle strap. Personally I think you can go wrong, whatever you do as the dress is stunning!

Also, I must recommend this shoe-

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nina-sa..._sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_11_C

I actually used to be a wedding stylist and I put people in this shoe all the time because they're super comfortable and look much more expensive than they appear in these photos. If you live near a store that sells these, definitely try them. I have put countless bridesmaids, mothers of the bride, and wedding guests in these shoes and received nothing but raves.

Beautiful gown! I agree with the suggestion to wear turquoise earrings. I think a strappy bronze sandal similar to this style would look amazing!

Attachments

• bronze ankle strap sandal.jpg
    bronze ankle strap sandal.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 186