How to Stop Candace Carryall Slouching on Sides

GAL17

Jan 15, 2013
I got my Candace Carryall a few months ago and love the look. It is perfect for work. However, I've noticed that when I have my stuff in it (wallet, phone, address book, kindle & misc travel makeup bag - even with all the stuff, the bag is only half full) it slouches a little on the sides.

I love how the bag looks in the pictures online: it has structure and minimal slouching. I wanted to know if any of you other Candace owners experiencing this problem? Anyone know how to fix it (other than don't put anything in the bag at all...)?

Let me add that I've inspected the leather on the sides and bag and it seems to be great quality and I'm not putting a ton of stuff in my bag either. The first photo is from the coach website. The second photo is a picture of the bag on my desk. The third photo is from the side. What do you all think?

Attachments

• Candace_CoachWebsite.jpg
    Candace_CoachWebsite.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 2,851
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 3,358
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 3,012
Personally, I think the slouching adds to the charm of the bag. You might try one of the large purse organizers if you want to try to maintain the structure.

Personally, I think the slouching adds to the charm of the bag. You might try one of the large purse organizers if you want to try to maintain the structure.

I agree- it's structured & slouchy at the same time! Twins on the bag even though I haven't used it yet...yours looks great!

I am using a medium tall Divide & Conquer organizer in mine to keep it from slouching, but I think it's a hair too tall for it. I might order a regular medium and try that. The top of this organizer butts right up against the zipper flaps on the Candace and makes it a little tricky to zip up. Otherwise, the rest of the size fit perfectly and definitely helps keep the shape.

I have a folder (4-pocket, 5 Star brand... Yeah, yeah... I know) that I keep in mine most of the time. I just realized mine never slouches and I think the folder is why.

I don't really like how the candace looks when it gets slouchy either. And I am a huge fan of slouch...just not in the Candace. I wish my Candace stayed stiff forever, but it won't. Maybe I'll try a PTG when it gets soft.

I got my Candace Carryall a few months ago and love the look. It is perfect for work. However, I've noticed that when I have my stuff in it (wallet, phone, address book, kindle & misc travel makeup bag - even with all the stuff, the bag is only half full) it slouches a little on the sides.

I love how the bag looks in the pictures online: it has structure and minimal slouching. I wanted to know if any of you other Candace owners experiencing this problem? Anyone know how to fix it (other than don't put anything in the bag at all...)?

Let me add that I've inspected the leather on the sides and bag and it seems to be great quality and I'm not putting a ton of stuff in my bag either. The first photo is from the coach website. The second photo is a picture of the bag on my desk. The third photo is from the side. What do you all think?

I just got my candace in black.I hope mine breaks in as nicely as yours in a few months. I love the look :smile:

I just got my candace in black.I hope mine breaks in as nicely as yours in a few months. I love the look :smile:

I agree. That is one thing I love about Candace, she is structured but has that slouch like well worn leather. Love it.

My chambray Candace is just starting to slouch a little on the sides.

I agree. That is one thing I love about Candace, she is structured but has that slouch like well worn leather. Love it.

My chambray Candace is just starting to slouch a little on the sides.

I just went to put something back in my candace, and I can tell the sides are starting to "relax". I love it :smile: You are right about the structure and the slouch, there is just enough. The best of both worlds!

The only reason my Candace doesn't slouch is that I don't put much in it. Lol. I rarely use Candace to her full potential and as a result she's in perfect new condition with minimal wear. I don't put anything in the pockets. I usually load her middle compartment with my few small items. I think slouching is to be expected with use and wear and it looks good! The structure is still there, it's just a little less stiff. I should hope my Candace starts wearing like yours. :smile:

Original Poster here!

Thanks ladies for all the responses!...if there are more out there, please keep adding to this post. For those of you who like slouch on your Candace, I noticed i got more slouch when i filled up the side pockets with a ton of stuff...it weighed down the sides causing some slouch. After I realized that, I pulled out a ton of stuff and keep minimal items in there. Also, before I used mine, I conditioned it with the coach conditioner and then a few days later, I used the Apple Rain and Stain repellent that I ordered off of LeatherStuff. I have the cognac bag (pictured) and I didn't have any problems with color staining but I was very careful how i applied the repellent.

@mossgirl84 & @Mandy421: Thanks for the organizer suggestion...I ordered the DivideandConquer regular medium based on your warning that the tall was slightly too tall. I'll let you know how it goes...(btw I have the medium Carryall).

@ all you other ladies who like the slouch...thanks for the compliments! Good to know that while it bothers me, others out there don't think it's out of the ordinary or looks funny ;)