how to stay clean when you have a cast - dry shampoo help?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hi ladies!

So my younger brother broke his leg and is currently in a full leg cast and will be for probably eight weeks. I had a cast once that was just up to my knee, and showering was difficult enough. I think it's safe to assume that showering is not going to be a daily occurrence for him! so I've decided to look into some dry shampoos

which ones are the best in terms of ease of use, price, effectiveness, etc.

also, do you have any other tips on maintaining hygiene when showers are difficult? any wipes or anything?

Please help!! we will appreciate it so much! :smile:

2. I have had good luck with Fekkai..Au Naturel Dry Shampoo...I've tried a few and sticking with this one.

3. Can he wash his hair in the kitchen sink?

I had a leg cast and my mother pulled a heavy duty trash bag just above the cast and wrapped duct tape around the top. I showered everyday (because I'm OCD when it comes to cleanliness), with no water got in the cast.

4. I just ordered this one for myself!! I am excited to hear that you love it!

I tried this and I still had many cast problems!

He won't be able to get to the kitchen sink! Our house is NOT wheelchair friendly, unfortunately

5. When I had to rock a cast, I went to a medical supply store and bought a special cover made specifically to keep casts dry. It worked like a charm and I was able to take showers regularly. The most difficult part was getting in and out of the shower.