How to spot a fake Louis Vuitton belt tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeedee

Oct 10, 2011
Hi PurseForum,

I made a tutorial on spotting fake LV belts.

If you have the time, could you please let me know if any of the information is incorrect.

Comments and feedback are welcome.
XX
Not allowed to post link to own blog
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
jeedee said:
Hi PurseForum,

I made a tutorial on spotting fake LV belts.

If you have the time, could you please let me know if any of the information is incorrect.

Comments and feedback are welcome.

XX
Thanks!

Thank you. Great info. Do you do for bags as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just read your tutorial. And I don´t understand the part about receipts. You posted that the receipts with LOUIS VUITTON in a box are fake. But I bought my bags, scarves etc. in LV shops in Europe (London, Nice, Prague etc.) and all my receipts have LV logo in the box. So I don´t understand it.

Thank you. Great info. Do you do for bags as well?

Unfortunately no. I'm a guy and wearing a purse would seem weird :lol:

I have just read your tutorial. And I don´t understand the part about receipts. You posted that the receipts with LOUIS VUITTON in a box are fake. But I bought my bags, scarves etc. in LV shops in Europe (London, Nice, Prague etc.) and all my receipts have LV logo in the box. So I don´t understand it.

Interesting. Do you mind if you post a picture of your receipt?

In Canada/US when you purchase Louis Vuitton items, they give you this receipt:

LouisVuittonMensBeltLVinitialsdamierazulwhiteg-MozillaFirefox-1.png

I'm unfamiliar with receipts distributed from Europe, but I would think Louis Vuitton would distribute the same receipts worldwide.

For example:
the first receipt is from 2009 (London, New Bond Street) I purchased Eugenia scarf; the second one is my last purchase 11/2011 (Prague) Delightful MM bag

Both receipts have Louis Vuitton in box (and all my other receipts too).

Attachments

• P1020983kopie.jpg
    P1020983kopie.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 9,098
  • P1020984kopie.jpg
    P1020984kopie.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 8,187
So evca99, did yours turn out to be fake? That's what it says on jeedee's tutorial!

My receipts are NOT fake. :lol: Jeedee´s tutorial has the mistake. That´s why I posted my receipts. I don´t buy bags on ebay but at LV shops. :biggrin: And I don´t think that they would give me fake receipts :lol: Maybe the receipts in the US don´t have Louis Vuitton in box but it doesn´t mean that it´s the same in the rest of the world.

OP, I know you're trying to help but several information in your blog are not accurate. There are several good guides on ebay and if anyone need help with authentication,please post in "authenticate this LV". Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.