How to spot a fake? Help.

lauralovescoach

handbag whore
Mar 15, 2007
Texas
Hi Ladies,

I'm new to LV, as you can probably tell by my screen name :smile: I'm looking at getting a large LV noe tomorrow or tuesday from a lady and I'd like to know what specifically I need to be looking for. She says it's authentic, but I'll still be checking it out thoroughly before I get it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I tried to do a search on here and the search function wasn't working.. so feel free to direct me somewhere on here too!

sphere99

Too Obsessed...
O.G.
Dec 13, 2006
Chicago
I wouldn't personally buy it without pictures I could post here of every inch of it. She must know someone with a camera. Worst case search the auth forum for pics of ones they say are real and compare. Print them out and bring them with you.

=D Katy =D

Oct 30, 2006
Newcastle, England.
I agree with mlowran. Thats the only way you can guanrantee.

But if needs be- study pictures, look at the date code, the colour and placement of letters and think about the price-is it really too good?
Good luck!

KaiieCHANEL

More LV Please!!!!
O.G.
Jan 19, 2007
At Louis Vuitton ;)
She doesnt have a camera but has a Lv....
Sorry just sounds weird to me...
Neh
Well the People on here are great at spotting fakes from pics so i suggest you ask her if she knows anyone with a camera or even a camera phone..?
Don't take her word for it you should be really careful when Buying any designer bag not direct from their boutique.