How to spend my bonus...?

Hermes Evelyne, Chanel Reissue 225, Chanel M/L?

• Hermes Evelyne

• Chanel Reissue 225

• Chanel M/L

Results are only viewable after voting.

lms910

Aug 12, 2014
My bonus is coming in exactly one month from today and I have some serious decisions to make!!! I want to spend $5000 max and have been looking at three bags:

Hermes Evelyne PM OR
Chanel Reissue 225 (haven't decided HW) OR
Chanel M/L SHW

I would probably get black for the Chanels and black or a dark color Hermes (maybe a dark brown?)

I already own 4 Chanels: Caviar Jumbo, Lambskin Mini, Lambskin WOC, Calfskin New Medium Boy and zero Hermes...but I just LOVE Chanel and I know the Evelyne can be harder to find. HELP!

My bonus is coming in exactly one month from today and I have some serious decisions to make!!! I want to spend $5000 max and have been looking at three bags:

Hermes Evelyne PM OR
Chanel Reissue 225 (haven't decided HW) OR
Chanel M/L SHW

I would probably get black for the Chanels and black or a dark color Hermes (maybe a dark brown?)

I already own 4 Chanels: Caviar Jumbo, Lambskin Mini, Lambskin WOC, Calfskin New Medium Boy and zero Hermes...but I just LOVE Chanel and I know the Evelyne can be harder to find. HELP!

All great choices! I was super undecided about getting the Classic m/l or Reissue 225 and ended up choosing the Reissue. It's seriously the greatest classic bag, I love it. It works for casual wear but can absolutely be dressed up, and I love that it can be worn crossbody. I would 100% recommend getting the 225. I chose the GHW, but the RHW is very chic and edgy. The Evelyne seems very casual and plain, and the m/l can feel a bit structured and formal. I think you get the most versatility with the Reissue and the 225 is the perfect size for wearing it both crossbody, for a more casual look, or as a shoulder bag. Good luck deciding!

You're choosing among three beautiful, classic bags, but my vote goes to Reissue. I just love how understated and chic it is, and the hardware and chain are fabulous. It can easily be dressed up or down, and it just exudes sophistication. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
Congrats on your bonus! What a wonderful dilemma to be in! I love Chanel and Hermes. Love them! I also am blessed to have an Evelyne and M/L and reissue bags. That said, I would definitely go for the M/L or the reissue now over the Evelyne simply because of the crazy Chanel price increases AND they are classics. You can never go wrong with them. The Evelyne is fun and casual...but you should be able to get it anytime and probably easier than the reissue and the M/L. Have fun and good luck deciding!