How to Size Yourself for a Bracelet??

mcb100

O.G.
Jan 8, 2007
Nowhere out of ordinary.
Hi, all! I'm planning on buying a diamond tennis bracelet by the end of the summer, but I am ordering it from a website. The website has you select your bracelet size (7, 7, 1/2, etc. and they have smaller sizes you can select like 6, I believe 6 1/2.) and because I don't usually wear bracelets, I don't have a go to bracelet size. I really don't want to screw it up as this bracelet is going to be a lot of money to order a size too small or a size too big. And it would be more money and a pain in the butt to order it too big and then have to pay the shipping fees and send it back through the mail to be resized. I've seen a video or two online of how to measure your wrist with a paper measuring tape, but I'm still not 100% certain and I really want to get the size exactly right (since it's not like buying from a jewelry store, where I can just have it shortened 10 minutes away from my house if it's too long/too short, etc.). I have smaller hands and wrists than most people, and I can upload pics if anybody wants. My ring size is a 4.5. I was thinking of ordering a 6.75? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!​

Feb 7, 2017
Hi, all! I'm planning on buying a diamond tennis bracelet by the end of the summer, but I am ordering it from a website. The website has you select your bracelet size (7, 7, 1/2, etc. and they have smaller sizes you can select like 6, I believe 6 1/2.) and because I don't usually wear bracelets, I don't have a go to bracelet size. I really don't want to screw it up as this bracelet is going to be a lot of money to order a size too small or a size too big. And it would be more money and a pain in the butt to order it too big and then have to pay the shipping fees and send it back through the mail to be resized. I've seen a video or two online of how to measure your wrist with a paper measuring tape, but I'm still not 100% certain and I really want to get the size exactly right (since it's not like buying from a jewelry store, where I can just have it shortened 10 minutes away from my house if it's too long/too short, etc.). I have smaller hands and wrists than most people, and I can upload pics if anybody wants. My ring size is a 4.5. I was thinking of ordering a 6.75? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!​
What size are your wrists? I am a 5.5 inch wrist, and in my skinny bracelets I am 6 1/4 inches but many of my other bracelets are 6 1/2 inches. Ring size has nothign to do with wrist size.

alex9179

Jul 24, 2015
It really depends upon how you want it to fit. Once you measure your wrist with a tape measure of some kind add 1 cm to that, which is about 0.4 in. Rounding up to the nearest available size will work fine. You don't have to be spot on with the number since the ones you're looking at come in standard sizes.

If you like it loose then add 2 cm, which is about 0.8 in. I find that looser fits can get unwieldy when stacking. I hate it when bracelets go under my watch. Just something to think about. I like the look but it drives me crazy in real life.

Remember, your wrist size will fluctuate a bit with hormones, humid weather, or after a debauched evening of food and drink ;) It's also a little harder to fasten a snug fitting one because you don't have the length to manipulate it into place. For example, I have a 6.25 inch wrist and prefer a 6.5 fit but that's impossible to fasten by myself. I have 7 in. tennis-style bracelets and they are loose enough that the bracelet touches the lower part of my hand when my arm is down. I have a 7 in. rope style that stays in place because it isn't as flexible and is harder to fasten by myself. I have a chain bracelet with a bar, that I never take off, shortened to 6.5 in and moves up and down over my wrist bone...at least when I'm not puffy.

oreo713

O.G.
Jun 4, 2008
The Big Apple
Here is a sure-fire way to get the correct size. Find a bracelet that you already own that fits exactly how you would want the new bracelet to fit. Measure it from end to end......Seems like a no-brainer to me...yes?