How to Search using “this thread only” and “search by date” tags?

Katel

O.G.
Feb 17, 2007
over the rainbow
@Vlad, Apologies if this has been covered, but I cannot figure out how to search by thread only *and* in descending date - it seems like it’s one or the other (with descending date only available in the advanced tab?).

Katel

O.G.
Feb 17, 2007
over the rainbow
@Vlad or someone - can you help with this mystery? I know it’s got to be available...

@Vlad, Apologies if this has been covered, but I cannot figure out how to search by thread only *and* in descending date - it seems like it’s one or the other (with descending date only available in the advanced tab?).

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
forum.purseblog.com
So in the advanced search you can search by thread (searching the query in title only, or in posts as well) and the sort by Date, showing the resulting threads sorted by the last post in each thread.

I do not think that you can sort by thread start date, only by the last post made in the thread.

Katel

O.G.
Feb 17, 2007
over the rainbow
So in the advanced search you can search by thread (searching the query in title only, or in posts as well) and the sort by Date, showing the resulting threads sorted by the last post in each thread.

I do not think that you can sort by thread start date, only by the last post made in the thread.
@Vlad I’ve tried many times in “advanced” and I cannot figure out how to select “search this thread” and “by date” both -

there is a “threads” tab at the top search in “advanced” on my iphone, but it doesn’t give you a way to select a thread -you have to type in keywords to find a thread ... and it’s hit and miss...

Maybe it’s just the iPhone?:panic:

nicole0612

Jan 31, 2015
@Vlad I’ve tried many times in “advanced” and I cannot figure out how to select “search this thread” and “by date” both -

there is a “threads” tab at the top search in “advanced” on my iphone, but it doesn’t give you a way to select a thread -you have to type in keywords to find a thread ... and it’s hit and miss...

Maybe it’s just the iPhone?:panic:
I am speaking from no knowledge but vast experience!! :smile: On the iPhone I cannot do it either (certainly due to me missing some option due to phone formatting), and searching for relevant posts is almost completely impossible on the phone, even using the advanced search option. When I switch to the desktop computer it is super easy, using the same tools, so that’s what I usually need to do. Oddly, sometimes the easiest thing (especially if you are looking for something with images) is to google it + purseforum. E.g if you wanted to find out about a new scarf you would google “[scarf name] purseforum” and then you will have all of the threads listed in the way you would expect to see them. It’s even easier to switch to google images for the same search to find the type of post or type of thread you want. I hope it helps a little!

Reactions: Onthego

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
forum.purseblog.com
I think I misunderstood your original post. I think you want to search in a single thread for a particular post and sort the results by date. If so, I don't think this is currently possible.

Onthego

lostmymarbles
Mar 2, 2012
best place on earth
I think I misunderstood your original post. I think you want to search in a single thread for a particular post and sort the results by date. If so, I don't think this is currently possible.
I have been through 2 rounds of updates. I know that before we were able to just search through a thread right on top of the thread was the search option. And each and every search by default was also in descending date. I so so much miss the search options from before. i cant make it work for me now. i will try to read what you wrote and see if i can understand.