How To Respond to Bbag Insult?!

gladrags&bags

Jun 24, 2008
Hey everyone..

This was bugging me slightly, so I hope you gals don't mind me ranting a little.. ;)

I purchased a Black PT GGH last year which I love, and a friend of mine, let's call her "SHT"- who is a supposed "B-bag lover/fashionista" commented on it and said "oh I think Black with Gold Hardware looks kinda cheap."

:wtf::bagslap:

I was so stunned by her lack of class that I didn't say anything (which I now regret). She owns an Antra RH City, and repeatedly asks me about how many Bbags I have, which I find rather annoying. I now need tips on what to say for future reference.

How would YOU deal with:-

1. Insult to Bbag which you personally love, and hunted down around the world for one.

2. Incessant pestering about how many bags you own.

1. i really don't give a toss. if i don't like her bag, she can't make me like it, right?
2. you either tell the truth or you lie.

btw, what's "class" and what's not?

Sorry, it seems to me she is jealous that you got a new Bbag and she didn't. Even if GH isn't her cup of tea there are many different ways she could have responded.

How I would deal with

1. I really wouldn't care. If I love a bag, I love a bag.
2. I would ask her why that is important to her.

Last edited:
That's irritating. Everyone has different tastes but a little tact wouldn't hurt.
I'm not a particular fan of giant hardware either, but i wouldn't say something like that to somebody who owns a bag with gh or loves gh. That's just insensitive. Does she know how much you love your bag?

All i can say is ignore and ignore (although personally my response to #2 would be 'not enough'..)

Answer to both questions - smile or laugh back at her and raise one eyebrow slightly!

This implies that a) you think that she has slightly poor taste in bags herself and b) that it is a bit dubious of her to want to know how many you own.

If she presses you about the number of bags, I would keep telling her different and extreme numbers alternately (a zillion, only 2, much too many to count, just the 1, 1 for every day of my life, 1 for winter and 1 for summer, 5673, none at all, wait until I have made my inventory which will take years, what is a bag - I have never owned one?)

Last edited:
Answer to both questions - smile or laugh back at her and raise one eyebrow slightly!

This implies that a) you think that she has slightly poor taste in bags herself and b) that it is a bit dubious of her to want to know how many you own.

If she presses you about the number of bags, I would keep telling her different and extreme numbers alternately (a zillion, only 2, much too many to count, just the 1, 1 for every day of my life, 1 for winter and 1 for summer, 5673, none at all, wait until I have made my inventory which will take years, what is a bag - I have never owned one?)

:lol: I second that.
She's just jealous, don't worry and ignore her comments.

oooohhhh an acquaintance of mine once insulted my balenciaga too!
I wear my Black day with GGH more than my other bbags because its spacious and its pretty (duh!).

this so-called smart ass called my bbag 'chavy' which in london, is a very bad term to describe 'working class people with all their bling-bling'. she also has a black first and a mandarin envelope clutch and could never stop asking me if i had purchase a new bag or not.

my response:
-I own more bbags than you lets just put it that way!(big smile, laugh a bit)
- GGH is exclusive! (I mean come on?? How can it not be classy if GGH is sought after around the world?)

Bam, a few months later, she bought a bag with GGH. hehehehe.. she didnt want to miss out of the whole exclusive thing. hehehehe.

^^Thanks to glossie, Livia1, tantpistol, Jenova, Babi,lilyella49!

Just to preface: she isn't even my *friend*.. She's a friend's girlfriend, so she's an acquaintance-which makes it even ruder than she has the gumption to 'quiz' me on how many bags I own. (I don't have many btw).. She's asked me 6 times in the few months I've known her.

I just feel that insulting someone's style is tacky, and pestering someone repeatedly on how many bags they own- what's the motive there? To be competitive out of jealousy? I can't find a reason why? :shrugs:

SORRY - thought she was YOUR friend when I replied before.

In which case, I would be more blunt and use the old phrase 'It takes one to know one' when she calls your bag cheap.

If she is not your friend (and I suppose now she doesn't stand a chance to become one ;)), do not worry too much. My friends make fun of my LV bag which they detest, but I don't mind, I know they only joke, but anyway I would love my possesions no matter what other people say....just ignore her.
And as for questening you how many bags you have...just ignore her or be smart back and say something funny to shut her up. I think she is big time jealous!!!
I just personally don't care what other people say or think , it saves me from getting offended or hurt.
Good luck with dealing with your 'friend' :biggrin:

"I'm fat , but you're ugly and I can diet."

Sorry...I couldn't resist. I heard this years and years ago and the concept, to me, was brilliant. Whether it's about size, color, opinions, etc.,

I would ignore her. Life's too short. Enjoy your glorious bag.

:nuts:

we all have different tastes, and what is classy to some might not be to others. Personallly, I would not even bother to comment on such a rude remark....I have good manners unlike your "friend". If I don´t like someones bag/outfit etc I would never say it to them unless they asked for an honest opinion...then I would put it as nicely as possible. Just forget about her...it´s a waste of time IMO

Kat

Truth is always a good thing in this case.

I would have said, " I just love this bag! It makes me feel so good when I wear it and touch it and I don't think it looks cheap at all. I love the contrast. Isn't it nice we can all have a choice and our own opinions?":ghi5: