How to remove white-out from canvas lining?

kelle

Dec 9, 2007
I just won a MJ bag on eBay and I was expecting to see an ink mark on the canvas lining as the seller mentioned, but instead she sent me photos of what looks like white-out on the canvas lining!

Does anyone know what I can do to remove this from the canvas lining? Or must this be professionally cleaned?

Thanks!

selmom07

Yes, please.
O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Florida
Yikes, wish I could help Kelle. Someone will come along with a suggestion though.

While we're on the 'removing substances' subject, how about sticky residue from a tag that is on suede? Any good way to get that off?

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
i'd maybe suggest nailpolish remover for white out and goo-gone for sticky, but a professional leather cleaner probably knows best. especially if it's dyed suede as there is always the possibility of color removal from a chemical reaction or cleaner that's too strong...

kiss_p

So, pretty...
O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
I just won a MJ bag on eBay and I was expecting to see an ink mark on the canvas lining as the seller mentioned, but instead she sent me photos of what looks like white-out on the canvas lining!

Does anyone know what I can do to remove this from the canvas lining? Or must this be professionally cleaned?

Thanks!
Just a silly question - Do you think the seller tried to use white-out on the ink mark or do you think the white-out spilled? :hrmm:

yvalenz

Jun 14, 2007
I've had white out get on my clothes before - I know that once it dries, it can be "flaked" off, then the remaining needs to be cleaned.

I used a butter knife to get most of it off my pants (Khakis, so somewhat similar material), then used some shout to treat and washed it. I'm sure a "Tide to go" stick or "Shout wipes" would work on getting out the rest.

If it's not that bad, it's worth a try :shrugs:

Just a silly question - Do you think the seller tried to use white-out on the ink mark or do you think the white-out spilled? :hrmm:
:roflmfao::roflmfao: can you imagine? "I got ink on my purse, but I was able to erase it with white out!"

kelle

Dec 9, 2007
^ That's what I thought too, because it was listed as an ink mark, but pictures show white-out marks. I think I'd rather it be ink marks, at least it's not one big white splotch!

I asked the seller for some sort of discount, but she said no. I guess I got a good deal, so hopefully I'll try to get the stains out. I'll let you know how operation white-out goes when I get the bag!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
The Windy City
Yikes, wish I could help Kelle. Someone will come along with a suggestion though.

While we're on the 'removing substances' subject, how about sticky residue from a tag that is on suede? Any good way to get that off?
I've never had any success with those darned stickers they put inside suede lined bags -- Nordstroms Rack is good for this -- I hate it when they do that -- I've tried brushing, suede erasers, Suede cleaner -- nothings worked :sad: