How to remove water stains on my MAB?

Aug 4, 2006
i'm so upset! i've only used my purse twice! coincidentally, it was drizzling on both days. i dunno how i could've ruined my purse when it's just been sitting there... so i'm thinking it's a water spot from the rain? i know it wasn't there when i bought it coz it's so obvious. sigh... any insights?

i'm a little bummed but i'm such a klutz that i have pen marks and scratches in most my purse anyways. :noworry:

i haven't tried it yet... after searching through the forums, i decided to buy it. but it's so weird... i found posts about bags getting wet, but no water spot... so i dunno what could've happened with mine.

Looks more like a scratch to me. Use the leather cleaner. Maybe it'll buff it out. Water spots I think are usually darker then the bag color? That looks more like a light scratch? I'd avoid using it till you get your leather care products.

i think water spots are usually darker, like how you get a oil stain on your jeans, it definitely looks like a scratch, good luck fixing it, i need to get myself a leather protector asap for my MAB

Hey gals,

I took out my new MAM in dark brown over the weekend for the first time and I realized there were 2 droplets of milk marks (from my LO's milk bottle) on the purse. It was dried up already so I took a napkin, wet it in water then tried to wipe the milk marks away. Guess what? It made it worse! It took out the milk marks but now it's been replaced by dark spots where I rubbed the wet napkin! I was hopiong once it dries it would go away but it didn't. I am soooo sad. Is it possible to make it better?

It will dry out. It's been posted here that baby wipes are a good way to clean a bag. Give your MAM a spray over with Wilson's or Appleguard when it dries, that's a must if you have a little one!

Yeah - you're bag should be fine after it completely dries out. I've done the same thing in the past, before I knew that Wet Ones wipes were safe to use on bags. With a little one, definitely give the bag a once over with a good protectant spray and a travel pack of Wet Ones in the bag - definitely not a bad idea.

Last edited:
Well, based on the info in Gung's RM Cleaning/Care thread(I'll try to find it), Wet Ones are the only brand that have been tested by ladies here, and it's the brand I use, but strictly for touch-ups.

I'll go back and edit my post to say "Wet Ones" and not "Wet Wipes".

**Edited: link added for reference thread**

mooch - here's Gung's old thread that you may find useful, although the pictures are gone now:
http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/cleaning-your-rebecca-minkoff-bag-please-read-277279.html

Last edited:
I use Huggies baby wipes on my bags.

Stay away from anything antibacterial. That probably wouldn't end well. Think of you bag as having VERY sensitive skin. Don't put something on your bag that you wouldn't put on your baby's bottom!!!! With the exception of a protectant spray.

This morning I was carrying my beloved cloud grey MAB, and unfortunately it rained. And now there is several "water stains" on the leather.

Will the stains disapper after several weeks? Anyone have any experience with this?

:sad::sad::sad: