How to purchase the Goyard St Louis.

mac01

O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
Hi! I‘m new to Goyard and live in Texas and was wondering if there is a way to purchase this tote via phone or can I only purchase this at the store? I’m also not sure if Neimans or Saks can order this for me. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: pearl.lover
Hi! I‘m new to Goyard and live in Texas and was wondering if there is a way to purchase this tote via phone or can I only purchase this at the store? I’m also not sure if Neimans or Saks can order this for me. Thank you in advance.

Like Swanky mentioned, just give them a call - or you can always fill out their Distance Sale form online - they'll reach out pretty quickly. Once someone is in touch with you, they can do remote video conference to show you the items you're interested in and you can fill out a form of what you'd like to order, if they have it in stock, they'll send them to you right away - usually arrives within a couple of days if you live in the same state. If the item you want is not in stock at the store, then they can always order it for you. Have fun!

Thank you. They really are wonderful and have already reached out to me with with pictures, prices and measurements! I'm just undecided between the St. Louis and the Artois and will move forward once I'm sure.

they’re pretty different! I choose Artois for my first piece so I can carry it year round. The St. Louis handle drop is considerably shorter, tough to get on shoulder comfortably in a thicker sweater or a coat. I’ll get the Anjou next I think.

Thank you. They really are wonderful and have already reached out to me with with pictures, prices and measurements! I'm just undecided between the St. Louis and the Artois and will move forward once I'm sure.

Im in same boat as you. I need a new tote bag and I am undecided between the St Louis and the Artois. I like that the Artois has the leather patches on corners but I kind of like the less structure look of the St Louis.

I been researching both like crazy lol. Let us know which one you decide on.

Reactions: RT1
I thought I wanted the artois until I tried it on. One size was too small and the other looked too big on my 5’4” frame unless I was to use it strictly as a travel tote. if they had an in between size then prob would have bought that. Anyway, I‘ve bought both the pm and gm St. Louis totes and have sold my gm totes. I love the St. Louis pm. It’s the perfect Goldilocks size and the slouchiness of the St. Louis is very chic.
I would highly recommend trying it on before buying....which I realize is not easy to do right now.

I thought I wanted the artois until I tried it on. One size was too small and the other looked too big on my 5’4” frame unless I was to use it strictly as a travel tote. if they had an in between size then prob would have bought that. Anyway, I‘ve bought both the pm and gm St. Louis totes and have sold my gm totes. I love the St. Louis pm. It’s the perfect Goldilocks size and the slouchiness of the St. Louis is very chic.
I would highly recommend trying it on before buying....which I realize is not easy to do right now.

Im not trying to hihjack OP's thread but we seem to be in the same boat and I dont want to open a new thread on the same topic.

I spoke with a goyard SA yesterday and they said that the St Louis was more of a beach bag tote and they would not recommend it as an everyday tote. That made me nervous even though I do like the less structured look. Do you feel it works well for everyday?

Im not trying to hihjack OP's thread but we seem to be in the same boat and I dont want to open a new thread on the same topic.

I spoke with a goyard SA yesterday and they said that the St Louis was more of a beach bag tote and they would not recommend it as an everyday tote. That made me nervous even though I do like the less structured look. Do you feel it works well for everyday?

Yes, that is true. It is meant to be a beach bag. It works well for me.... My pm sized totes are in pristine condition even though I use them often. I don’t carry anything heavy...just the essentials and sometimes I throw in a water bottle. I also USA a lightweight organizer to help distribute the weight evenly so that I don’t get corner wear. A lot of you tubers will compare the St. Louis to the neverfull and you can’t really compare the two. The neverfull and the artois are more comparable, because they are both workhorse totes. The canvas and straps are thicker on the artois.

I know a lot of women use the St. Louis GM as a diaper bag, and I bought mine for this purpose as well. I quickly realized that it just didn’t feel sturdy enough to use as a diaper bag. Wipes, bottles, snacks, etc... can get heavy. I would never use this tote to carry my laptop or books or anything heavy. So I sold my GM sized totes and use a Rebecca minkoff nylon tote when I need to use a carryall.

If you’re looking for a workhorse tote I would stick with the neverfull, the artois, a longchamp or other nylon tote, or I’d get a faur Le page tote. Personally, I am not a fan of the neverfull‘s ubiquity so that would be my last contender...but a lot of women love them.
I know this is more than you asked for but hope this helps! =)

No worries at all, SpeedyJC. The more the merrier as I am still confused myself. I almost pulled the trigger on the Artois but the Goyard store reminded me about their No return/exchange policy. The Store is about 45 min. from where I live so I have decided to go there instead of ordering something sight unseen and getting stuck with a bag I don't like. I would have to take an appointment to visit the store so will have to convince hubby to take me there one of the coming weekends. Personally, I like the look of the St. Louis but the PM strap looks uncomfortable. I'm only 5'1 so the GM is out of the question. The Artois is really nice with the zipper and the leather corners but not sure how it would look on me. I love the Grey in the Artois though. Hope you find the perfect one that works for you!

No worries at all, SpeedyJC. The more the merrier as I am still confused myself. I almost pulled the trigger on the Artois but the Goyard store reminded me about their No return/exchange policy. The Store is about 45 min. from where I live so I have decided to go there instead of ordering something sight unseen and getting stuck with a bag I don't like. I would have to take an appointment to visit the store so will have to convince hubby to take me there one of the coming weekends. Personally, I like the look of the St. Louis but the PM strap looks uncomfortable. I'm only 5'1 so the GM is out of the question. The Artois is really nice with the zipper and the leather corners but not sure how it would look on me. I love the Grey in the Artois though. Hope you find the perfect one that works for you!

Im starting to think I should get off my lazy tushie and just go to Goyard and try them but I kind of just want it sent to my house.
Of course the no return policy might be an issue. Im thinking I do like the fact that the Artois has a zipper since I am the queen of stuff falling out of my bags particularly when I am driving, I can sometimes be heavy on the start
and stop.

Yes, that is true. It is meant to be a beach bag. It works well for me.... My pm sized totes are in pristine condition even though I use them often. I don’t carry anything heavy...just the essentials and sometimes I throw in a water bottle. I also USA a lightweight organizer to help distribute the weight evenly so that I don’t get corner wear. A lot of you tubers will compare the St. Louis to the neverfull and you can’t really compare the two. The neverfull and the artois are more comparable, because they are both workhorse totes. The canvas and straps are thicker on the artois.

I know a lot of women use the St. Louis GM as a diaper bag, and I bought mine for this purpose as well. I quickly realized that it just didn’t feel sturdy enough to use as a diaper bag. Wipes, bottles, snacks, etc... can get heavy. I would never use this tote to carry my laptop or books or anything heavy. So I sold my GM sized totes and use a Rebecca minkoff nylon tote when I need to use a carryall.

If you’re looking for a workhorse tote I would stick with the neverfull, the artois, a longchamp or other nylon tote, or I’d get a faur Le page tote. Personally, I am not a fan of the neverfull‘s ubiquity so that would be my last contender...but a lot of women love them.
I know this is more than you asked for but hope this helps! =)

Thank you, I appreciate the information. I had asked a couple questions in an email to the SA yesterday but I have not heard back. yet.

I had three mono Neverfulls, one plain and two LE's and I got rid of all of them. I personally just got tired of them which is how Goyard got on my radar. I think the Artois may suit my needs best.