How to protect white lambskin lady d joy bag?

Chloe1004

Jun 9, 2020
Hello! I just bought my first Dior bag (Micro lady D joy) and I am so excited! However, I am so scared to use it since it’s white lambskin. I’ll wear it only with light clothing but is there a safe leather cleaner/conditioner/protectant I can use? I am afraid to put anything on it because I am worried that the white color might change/become yellow/green. Thank you!

Reactions: _jlv and Put
Congrats! IMO just use and enjoy. Keep away from denim or dark colors that are not color safe and might transfer.

I have never stored my white lambskin in plastic or even a dust bag. I once had new ombré lizard discolor in a dustbag in a closet. So, IMO, use your beautiful bag

I let air circulate in the closet, but not sunlight. relatively low humidity.

Congrats! IMO just use and enjoy. Keep away from denim or dark colors that are not color safe and might transfer.

I have never stored my white lambskin in plastic or even a dust bag. I once had new ombré lizard discolor in a dustbag in a closet. So, IMO, use your beautiful bag

I let air circulate in the closet, but not sunlight. relatively low humidity.
Thank you so much! I will use it this weekend! I thought the light colored bags (especially white) are supposed to be stored in the dust bag since exposure to light can make it yellow over time?

• Sad
Reactions: Put
Not sure. I did a search for threads that might have more specific advice

not sure if this has much advice, but there is some chat ( you could widen the search for pale lambskin, how to care

Last edited:
Congratulations with your new bag! I have also been debating whether or not I should get this bag or the mini lady dior in latte on my wishlist ! I do love the latte colour, but I am really afraid of yellowing. I do not know whether Dior white lambskin are prone to that, and I have not figured out yet why some bags do yellow over time? :sad: Sorry this was not any help at all !

Reactions: Chloe1004
Congratulations with your new bag! I have also been debating whether or not I should get this bag or the mini lady dior in latte on my wishlist ! I do love the latte colour, but I am really afraid of yellowing. I do not know whether Dior white lambskin are prone to that, and I have not figured out yet why some bags do yellow over time? :sad: Sorry this was not any help at all !
No worries! Thank you for your comment! I wore it last weekend and I loved it. I carried the white dust bag with me so that I can place the bag on it at the restaurant table. I was definitely a little paranoid. I think I’ll try using a leather conditioner/protector or carbon pro after I get any stains on it first. I don’t want to accidentally use something when it looks perfect.

Reactions: _jlv and Put
No worries! Thank you for your comment! I wore it last weekend and I loved it. I carried the white dust bag with me so that I can place the bag on it at the restaurant table. I was definitely a little paranoid. I think I’ll try using a leather conditioner/protector or carbon pro after I get any stains on it first. I don’t want to accidentally use something when it looks perfect.
Aww good that you loved it ! Are you going to buy any mitzah to protect it also?

Aww good that you loved it ! Are you going to buy any mitzah to protect it also?
I think I will eventually buy one or two from Dior. I already have a pink twilly from Chanel that I will use for the meantime. I know mixing brands might be strange but I am not in any rush. I love that the white will go with any color twilly/mitzah.

Reactions: Put
I think I will eventually buy one or two from Dior. I already have a pink twilly from Chanel that I will use for the meantime. I know mixing brands might be strange but I am not in any rush. I love that the white will go with any color twilly/mitzah.
Mitzahs are so pretty ! I dont think mixing brand is strange at all :amuse: and yes, thats what I am thinking about the latte colour. It matches with everything!

I have the saddle bag in latte grained leather. Bought it in Sept 2022. Although latte is already off white to start with (literally the colour of milk as per the name) it has now turned a little bit more yellow even thou i have kept it away from sunlight… i guess turning yellow is inevitable for white bags… i have just sprayed carbon pro on it 2 days ago and it didn’t affect the colour.

I have the saddle bag in latte grained leather. Bought it in Sept 2022. Although latte is already off white to start with (literally the colour of milk as per the name) it has now turned a little bit more yellow even thou i have kept it away from sunlight… i guess turning yellow is inevitable for white bags… i have just sprayed carbon pro on it 2 days ago and it didn’t affect the colour.
Thank you for sharing! Does the carbon pro affect the texture of the bag in any way? Thanks so much!

Thank you for sharing! Does the carbon pro affect the texture of the bag in any way? Thanks so much!
I use Carbon Pro on my white/light color bags across all designer brands and I haven't had any issues so far. My 2.5 year old Latte Mini LD is as white as the day I received it from the boutique even with the spray. I completely understand your hesitation though. I too was skeptical of spraying it on my bags, especially white ones. The first spray is always the hardest. :smile: When in doubt, try on a small area (bottom or under the flap) or another bag/slg without the Dior price tag. Hope this helps.