How to Protect Myself

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
    Hi Everyone,

Man, reading this forum could strike fear into the heart of the most hardened criminal! :P

I have bought and sold a few things on eBay and Bonanzle. I recently bought my HG -- a lambskin Chanel classic flap -- and I was a nervous wreck from the moment I paid until she arrived. Luckily, although the Seller wasn't exactly the most communicative guy, the transaction went fine. I was nervous because it was (by very far) the most expensive online transaction I ever did.

xxxx.

Anyway, there are SUCH horror stories on here about BUYERS scamming Sellers! I always thought it was the other way around. Anyway, can you please give me some quick tips to protect myself?

I figure ship with tracking, insurance, delivery confirmation, and the weight listed. But what else? Are 0 feedback Bonanzle buyers ok?

Any guidance you can give me is very much appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!

2. ...also, is there any way to protect against a Buyer saying you sent a different bag than you listed?

Thanks again.

3. Honestly, with a bag of that value and you not being a frequent seller, it might be best to consign it through fashionphile. They seem to get more for high end bags than the average person. Goiod luck & I'm sorry you have to sell your HG

4. #4 Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
    Thanks for the response, Juicy. I hadn't thought of Fashionphile. I'll look into it.

x thanks again

5. This thread feels a lot like fishing for info or fishing for a buyer for the op's bag...

6. please don't discuss items you wish to sell.

7. :confused1: I was trying to help the OP...

8. I wasn't aware I was breaking any rules. Sorry...

9. Swanky meant the op, not you juicy.

10. :idea:

11. Aaahhh, ok. LOL.... I was like huh???

12. #12 Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    Wow. Sorry. I definitely was not "fishing" and I'm sorry it came off that way. I've been posting on TPF for over a year! There are many posts about Sellers being scammed by Buyers and since I've only sold about 10 things total online ever, I was looking for some guidance. This is a lot of money at risk if I sell my HG.

Swanky, Please close the thread. I was looking for some help but this negative vibe from the poster thinking I'm "fishing" is uncomfortable. I'll just keep reading and doing searches for info. Thanks.

13. I'll close it; but it was an honest enough mistake, people do it all the time and we usually see it and edit it out.
    I'm closing it because this is actually discussed a lot, if you search I bet you'll find a ton of great info :tup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.