How to pronounce Chevre de Coromandel?

1. This is a bit embarassing for me. :shame: How do you actually pronounce "Chevre de Coromandel"?

2. Shev de Kor-row-man-dell
    :smile:

3. Thanks, Greentea.

4. Greentea I knew you would come to the rescue...you always do!

5. ^^
    :love:

6. btw Greentea..where is that thread about how to pronounce the H colors and leather? I need to "review" it. :smile: thanks!

7. ^^ not sure. It's buried on our board somewhere. :smile:

8. aww man..that thing deserves five star and a sticky!!!

9. Thanks, Kristie! I just reviewed the guide. It is very helpful.

10. you wanna know something funny.....one of the SA's at the sydney boutique says "hermes" and pronounces the 'H'..........LOL!!

like HER - hard h sound. - ha!

11. can we stick that in the information thread? :girlsigh: pretty please:flowers::flowers:

thanks Kristie for digging that out !:heart:

12. no probs!! when i was 16, i called my hermes store just to hear how they pronounced it when they answered......i had to call three times to hear it right - and i hung up on them everytime!! (i was only16 *blushing*) - they must have wondered who the hell was giving them prank calls!....LOL!!.....probably thought it was a customer they knocked back for a bag.....ha, ha!!

13. Actually, you do pronounce the "r" in chevre. It sounds somewhat like this: "shev-r-de-coro-man-dell". French is my first language. :shame:

14. ggk84 is right - the word "chevre" (it's actually missing the "accent grave" on the first e) has the "r" pronounced. Kind of a bit of a roll on your tongue. I'm bilingual in both french and english - hope this helps!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice