How to pronounce "Botkier"?

1. I am still anxiously awaiting my new Botkier "Safari" bag. I'm embarrassed to admit, however, that I don't know how to pronounce "Botkier'. And of course I'm going to need to introduce it around once it arrives!

Anyone know? Is it "Bought-keer" or "BO-kier" or some other pronounciation??

Thanks!

2. Which language is that supposed to be? LOL Doesn't look like a French word to me, so no idea...

3. :idea: I just called them and listened to their message. It's pronounced Bought-key-air.

Mystery solved!

4. I would've guessed - bot-key-yaa

5. I have the Safari in black and i LOVE IT!!!!
    I haven't used another bag in my collection since I got it a few months ago.....:heart::heart:

6. me too.

7. anyone?

8. Personally, I pronounce it

bott-key-air.

That's just what makes sense to me. I'm not knowledgeable with the brand at all though.

9. It's not Bott-key-air! That's only possible if it's spelled "Botkierè".
    Is Monica Botkier French? Then it's pronounced Boo-kjee.

10. I agree with Missisa07, I'm pretty sure it is Bott-key-air.....

11. Does someone know if Monica Botkier is French?

12. that's how i always said it...i won't purchase a bag if i am not sure of it's proper prononciation.:nogood:

13. I always thought it was pronounced Bot-kee-yay since Cartier is pronounce Car-tee-yay. I am assuming the name is French.

14. I asked a SA at Neiman's, and she said it's Bot-keer. So that's how I say it.

15. i called their store in n.y. (212) 343-2782;and it's botkier as in "bot-key-yer"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice