How to price Speedy 30 for sale

1. I have a Speedy 30 purchased from eluxury.com back in 2003 for $480. It has nice patina and is in perfect condition inside and out - no water spots, no stains at all. A friend of mine at work wants to buy it - not a good friend but a friendly colleague. While I have been thinking about selling for awhile, I am not sure how to price it. Obviously I want as much as possible but do not want to overprice either. Should I be expected to lose some money because it has been used, or make some money because the retail price has increased to $560? Pic attached. Thanks LV addicts! :biggrin:

SpeedyWeb.jpg
  2. I tend to sell my bags at a much lower price..but thats just so I can afford a new bag that I am impatient to get..If you arent needing the money..then go higher!..

3. There are lots of Speedy 30's for sale on eBay -- check to see what one of comparable age and condition sells for as an indication of a fair market price.

4. I'd say $300-400 would be fair. I wouldn't take a penny less than $250.

5. I just paid 350 Canadian for mine,Its used,in good condition.

6. Yr bag looks like it has a gorgeous honey brown color and on eBay would EASILY go for at least $400.. Don't go below $300!! Or if you.. I'll buy it!!! :nuts:

7. I don't know if it is just me but I don't like the leather too patinaed. I will pay more for a lighter colored one than the darker ones.

8. Yea, I agree with Kahlua, Just tell her you'e like $400 and see what she says. If she goes for it great. If not, then you can come down a little bit.

I have been watching Speedies religiously for the last 2 weeks (finally I got two, a 25 and a 30, yippee). But the two I saw that I really wanted were BARELY used and HARDLY any patina, and they were asking about $425 including shipping. But again their handles were not patina-ed. And they were practically new

So, I think you should start at $400 and go from there.

Good luck! :smile:

9. ^^^I agree $400 would be a fair price. If I was in the same situation as you, I could see myself selling it for $300/$325 to a friend, $400 to an acquaintance. At $400 it's a good deal for the buyer.

10. That's A Great Idea

11. I purchased a mono speedy 30 from Ebay; same condition. I paid $399 plus shipping. Honestly, it was worth every penny!! I love the patina on it and just like yours, it was in excellent condition.

12. Why don't you start with a low bid and watch the bidding. Speedy's are so popular you should get a good price.

13. I just bought a 30 in very similar condition for $405. The patina looks perfect, and many people prefer that color to the new leather...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice