How to price an item?

NoraV

Jul 8, 2008
I've got a great YSL silk scarf in mint condition that I just don't see myself wearing anytime soon, so I'm thinking about putting it on eBay. The problem is that I'm not sure how to appropriately price the scarf. I've looked at the other listings currently up, but it's impossible to gauge where my scarf falls in the range of $5.00 to $700.00+. Is there a resource online for IDing scarves and their rarity, or at least somewhere that will help me figure out an appropriate price for this scarf? Thanks in advance!

Probably someone in the YSL forum might be able to help. As to the value of the scarf I would have no idea - but with Ebay I just always take the view "what is the lowest you would accept for it?" and make that your starting price. That way, if you only get one bid you at least get your "minimum"; and hopefully the market will push it up to what it is "worth".

Also try doing a search for scarfs like yours and watch those auctions to see what they are priced at and untilmatly go for. You can get a good feel for how to price things to get them to sell for what you want them to.

I've got a great YSL silk scarf in mint condition that I just don't see myself wearing anytime soon, so I'm thinking about putting it on eBay. The problem is that I'm not sure how to appropriately price the scarf. I've looked at the other listings currently up, but it's impossible to gauge where my scarf falls in the range of $5.00 to $700.00+. Is there a resource online for IDing scarves and their rarity, or at least somewhere that will help me figure out an appropriate price for this scarf? Thanks in advance!

Bring it to a consignment shop for approximation, it should be free!