How to preserve animation pieces

Oct 28, 2011
My first animation piece is about to arrive in the mail and I am very excited about it. However, before I start using it, I was wondering if anyone could give me tips about how to best preserve the life of the piece. I’m especially concerned about the animation chipping. I know some of that is inevitable over time, but I would like to prevent it as much as possible.

The basics that I’m aware of are to be careful of the piece rubbing against other items in a bag and storing it in the dust bag while not in use. Any other guidance is appreciated.

Reactions: sheepie123
My first animation piece is about to arrive in the mail and I am very excited about it. However, before I start using it, I was wondering if anyone could give me tips about how to best preserve the life of the piece. I’m especially concerned about the animation chipping. I know some of that is inevitable over time, but I would like to prevent it as much as possible.

The basics that I’m aware of are to be careful of the piece rubbing against other items in a bag and storing it in the dust bag while not in use. Any other guidance is appreciated.
Congrats on your 1st animation piece :smile:
Don’t be too worried about the chipping. I have been using my mini pochette Paris print from last year’s collection for a year and have no chipping so far. When I put in my bag, I cover it with a cloth so it doesnt touch other items in my bag. Other than this, I use it quite carefree and have no issue to date. I dont even store mine in a dustbag. I put it on display on a shelf

Honestly, I don't think you have to worry too much. I have several silkscreened pieces from LV, and unless they've changed the way they produce them, they're not overly delicate. Having said that, I've seen lots of pre-owned pieces on eBay that are in a terrible state. I don't know what those people were doing to their items, but personally I don't baby mine. I use mine like I would use any other pieces -- with care, but they do go in a bag with other items (no exposed keys or pens, or sharp items) and in pockets.

I've been using my Monogram Groom clés for many years and it's still in excellent condition. There is one tiny area that looks a little faded, but other than that the print is perfect. I also have several multicolore pieces, as well as seasonal animation pieces, and they're also still in great shape with no chipping.

Just enjoy your new piece. It's possible that over time, it will age a little, but don't worry too much, they're well made!

I have a Mon Monogram Neverfull and it has held up great. There is one tiny chip on the side that usually faces my body and another on the bottom of the bag but these are expected with wearing. I am generally careful with my bags but you also don't want to be overly cautious to the point that it affects your enjoyment of the bag. I got an animation wallet and plan on storing it in the dustbag in my purse.

Reactions: pale_septembre