How to pack Chanel flap in luggage

Winterfell

Oct 26, 2013
I'm going on holiday to Hawaii next month and plan to take my m/l lambskin flap for going out at night. What do you ladies think is the best way to pack my bag in the suitcase? I don't want it to get crushed or scratched. I'd be really grateful for any helpful tips - thank you.

I'm going on holiday to Hawaii next month and plan to take my m/l lambskin flap for going out at night. What do you ladies think is the best way to pack my bag in the suitcase? I don't want it to get crushed or scratched. I'd be really grateful for any helpful tips - thank you.

I don't have a flp, but have a Celine box that when I travel with, I stuff a scarf or tshirt in there to fill in the bag, also tuck in the strap inside the purse, which I highly recommend you do with the chain. Then put in a the dust bag and middle of suitcase, so just in case you suitcase gets open for random check by TSA, it doesn't fall out.

I normally do the following-

-put the chain in the bag to keep them from scuffing/scratching anything
-put a few socks inside it just to keep a bit of shape
-cover the bag in it's dustcloth to prevent scratching
-pack only clothing (no shoes, no make-up bag) under, over and on the side facing the bag to prevent crushing or serious denting.
And lastly when traveling with designer items like bags and shoes, I use a hard cased suitcase so that the amount of squashing is limited to what you have put in the bag. Not to how people treat the bag. Soft suitcases are a disaster for shoes and bags in general. I once arrived after a very short flight to find a shoe heel snapped clean off!!:shucks:

You could wrap it with a couple of your soft t-shirts and stuff the inside with a few pair of undies. BUT, if I were you, I would not put it inside my checkin luggage. INSTEAD I will have it in my hand carry luggage or in my long champ (Le pillage). :smile: Call me paranoid if you want :biggrin:

Reactions: Tote Ali
Anything of value I have as carry on- minimise damage or loss. When I took my m/l caviar I rolled a scarf and put it inside along with the chain then wrapped the exterior in spare clothes (I've had situations when I've arrived at my destination but my luggage has not.) Hope that helps.

Thank you all for your help. I will follow all the tips. I don't really want to take as hand luggage because we have 3 flights and all things considered I think it will be safer in the hard shell suitcase :smile:

As long as it's in your carry on (it doesn't go in the bottom cargo hold of the plane) you'd be safe. If the bag does go out of your sight, theft can occur.

Stuffed with whatever else you're packing, in the dust bag, inside either your carry on or your personal item (ie, larger purse/tote) would be the safest way to transport it.

I would recommend valuable items be put in carryon... I've had things stolen out of my check in luggage (LV wallet newly bought on that trip and an expensive watch). Also, I've had friends that their check in luggage had a lot of valuable items stolen also (Gucci/LV bags, shoes).... The airline blames the airport, the airport does not care. Be careful!!

I would suggest carryon luggage plus a large tote that fits under seat in front of you. Usually a LV neverfull MM size fits underneath seat and you can put your nicer bags in the tote... of course wrapped and cushioned so it does not get dented. HTH!!

You could wrap it with a couple of your soft t-shirts and stuff the inside with a few pair of undies. BUT, if I were you, I would not put it inside my checkin luggage. INSTEAD I will have it in my hand carry luggage or in my long champ (Le pillage). :smile: Call me paranoid if you want :biggrin:

I totally agree! I would never put mine in my check in bag

I totally agree! I would never put mine in my check in bag

I agree! I usually take a carry on with my handbags, shoes, laptop, iPads, and jewelry. I have even taken 2 Chanel handbags inside a larger Chanel tote. I keep the handbags in their dust covers with little pillows to keep them structured.

I brought mine when I went on vacation this summer, I packed it in its original dust bag and dresses that I was bringing as well. I also put it on top of everything so it does not get smashed on the bottom. :smile: Mine is a jumbo so the m/l will be much easier :smile:

All good packing advice so I won't add any more. I just wanted to say that I would definitely not check in my Chanel! :/ During the holiday season someone stole all of my chocolate gifts from my check in, so I can only imagine what they'd do if they found a Chanel ....