How to order CL from a store???

ShoesOnMyMind

Aug 25, 2010
I´ve never done this but I know alot of you ladies did. So I want to buy a pair of CL from this store called Ekseption in Madrid. this store does have an online shop ,too, but for some reason the shoes I want cannot purchased there, although they have my size in stock. The SA and I have emailed for a couple of days til I decided I wanted the pair. Then they give me their Paypal email and suggested I´d send them the money. is that the way it goes? I´d rather have him send me an invoice with all the order details?*clueless*

Today I tried calling a CL store, got put on hold, and hung up after 5 minutes. I sent emails to two CL stores, got responses almost immediately, emailed back and forth to each a few times, and then set up a purchase order...uh, I mean... :blush:

So I highly recommend email as a way to get extremely prompt and helpful service. All of the emails are in the thread CL Boutique Info. And I didn't direct the email to a specific SA -- just took whoever answered the email.

I´ve never done this but I know alot of you ladies did. So I want to buy a pair of CL from this store called Ekseption in Madrid. this store does have an online shop ,too, but for some reason the shoes I want cannot purchased there, although they have my size in stock. The SA and I have emailed for a couple of days til I decided I wanted the pair. Then they give me their Paypal email and suggested I´d send them the money. is that the way it goes? I´d rather have him send me an invoice with all the order details?*clueless*

Ekseption is a small overseas store, and so many of those take extra precautions with customers far away. That may be why they don't accept an online transaction or cc from you. l can see why they do it, but l personally wouldn't go thru with it. Hopefully, someone on here has had a successful overseas transaction with Ekseption and can testify that it's safe.

thanks so much ladies for your help. The thing is, I live in Germany , so it wont be an overseas transaction. Im just a little worried if I just send them the money, am I fully covered. That´s why I was wondering how the other gals on here place an order from NM, a CL store and so on via email and paypal...??

SOMM, perhaps this won't help you, but I'm in the very same situation with this store. I'm sure they're legit, though, because they're listed in the store locator of the official Louboutin site (look in the store locator for Spain-Madrid).

I've ordered by sending mails back and forth with the very helpful SA and he also offered paypal and bank transfer. Considering this is a brick and mortar store and not some unseen online boutique, I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be any problem. Plus, the inventory is nice, the prices are the same as in the CL boutiques, and the s/h is way cheap for Europe!

Now, I guess I'll know for sure when I do receive my order :P
(it's a holiday in Spain right now, so it might take a few days extra)

he did offer bank transfer, too. But I figured PP would be more secure. I know this is a reputable store, Im just scared of getting scammed. mabe Im being paranoid.

PP usually sides with the buyer, if there's a dispute. However, it's more of a hassle to deal with, versus with a cc, I think. Ekseption is likely asking for PP to protect themselves because so much can happen with a cc trying to protect their own customers, who may make fraudulent claims (I'm in NO way saying this is you). Ekseption is a legit store, though, so it's likely gonna be a smooth transaction, but personally, I feel way more comfortable with paying by cc to any store I can't physically visit.

Today I tried calling a CL store, got put on hold, and hung up after 5 minutes. I sent emails to two CL stores, got responses almost immediately, emailed back and forth to each a few times, and then set up a purchase order...uh, I mean... :blush:

So I highly recommend email as a way to get extremely prompt and helpful service. All of the emails are in the thread CL Boutique Info. And I didn't direct the email to a specific SA -- just took whoever answered the email.

I can see why. CL boutique staff tend to give customers in the store priority over people who call. When they're really busy, they let the phone ring and don't answer emails. When they have a free moment, they then return messages or answer emails. I tend to agree with this thinking, as it's more hassle to drive to a store rather than call, and that face-to-face contact is very valuable. I'm the same way with my patients. It's only fair, IMO.

If you can't get to a store, though, email is great because the SA is free when (s)he gets to you, and the customer's not waiting around for a response and has to try just once.