~~~~How To Order Celine From Other Countries~~~~

oford

Dec 5, 2011
This is meant to be an educational thread for myself. I know many of the tpfers order their Celines from different countries. I live in Canada and I had been trying to get my Celines from US.
My first arrival was an Orange Mini Luggage and it was sent from Neiman Marcus at White Plains. The value of the bag was 2000USD + 78.95USD shipping, not bad right?...AND GUESS HOW MUCH I PAYED FOR CUSTOMS: 507.7CAD!..That is 25% of the bag's value..so in total I payed 2700+CAD for the mini....

I have heard about several other services for avoiding customs:
1. mail forwarding from US personal address using USPS
2. personal shopper who can receive and send out package from US
3. pay US sales tax on the merchandise and thus avoid customs charge

Can anyone please provide some insight on the above methods and maybe suggest better solutions? Thanks a million!!!!

There is no way to avoid customs if you declare it properly, no matter from a personal address or a company! This is Canada !!!!

10% duty * 5% GST * PST of your province ( except if u r in alberta)

I agree that the methods you've listed, while they will work if the person under declares for you, are all not actually legal. If the item is declared at full value, you will face the same issue re: taxes and duties. It is true, however, that there is a difference between the taxes and duties charged via FedEx or another courier vs. the taxes and duties charged on a regular mail parcel.

If anything goes wrong, you could end up with a lot of problems -- e.g. if an under declared package goes missing, etc.

I believe there's a whole thread on this in the general shopping section... have you seen it?

melisande said:
I agree that the methods you've listed, while they will work if the person under declares for you, are all not actually legal. If the item is declared at full value, you will face the same issue re: taxes and duties. It is true, however, that there is a difference between the taxes and duties charged via FedEx or another courier vs. the taxes and duties charged on a regular mail parcel.

If anything goes wrong, you could end up with a lot of problems -- e.g. if an under declared package goes missing, etc.

I believe there's a whole thread on this in the general shopping section... have you seen it?

The duty rate is all depending on how the shipper declares and the HS code being used,
Applicable HS code is 4202.21.00.00 for leather handbags @10% duty

I agree ... You have bear the risk of lost package if the shipment is under declared!

The duty rate is all depending on how the shipper declares and the HS code being used,
Applicable HS code is 4202.21.00.00 for leather handbags @10% duty

I agree ... You have bear the risk of lost package if the shipment is under declared!

Thanks for you info! I live in Canada. But I just ordered from Celine a Mini and I ask the SA about possible custom charges. She said if I payed the Miami sales tax which is 7%, there will be no customs. Is this true? I am really worried I might get a huge tax bill when it arrives...because on top of that I payed for Miami sales tax as well!...

I just went to check threads in general shopping section but they most recommended way is to have someone sending it personally to you from US and use USPS..but i don't know anyone in US who can receive packages for me...

oford said:
Thanks for you info! I live in Canada. But I just ordered from Celine a Mini and I ask the SA about possible custom charges. She said if I payed the Miami sales tax which is 7%, there will be no customs. Is this true? I am really worried I might get a huge tax bill when it arrives...because on top of that I payed for Miami sales tax as well!...

That's totally wrong !

If the bag is being shipped directly by the store to Canada, that's an export, no sale tax regardless which state it is shipping from.

If the SA ships it for u as a personal shipment as her/his courtesy service, the only explanation that there will not no customs duty or tax when coming into Canada is the shipment is under-declared!

You should ask your SA how it is being shipped & request a copy of the custom invoice they attach to the shipment & u will be able to estimate the import cost with no surprise bill!

I just went to check threads in general shopping section but they most recommended way is to have someone sending it personally to you from US and use USPS..but i don't know anyone in US who can receive packages for me...

No, there's a thread specifically about the different types of Post Office boxes and mailing services that you can set up on the other side of the border, so that you will have a US mailing address. Those services will, in turn, ship packages out to you, and they charge varying fees. Will try to find it again and, if I do, will post it here.

I'm in Australia. I ordered online from Bergdorf and after paying for the bag and shipping, I had to pay for customs too. I don't think there's any real, legal way of getting out of it.