How to not pay taxes on a bag in NYC?

ddebartolo

O.G.
Dec 8, 2007
I live in NYC and as you all know we have very high taxes. I'm planning on buying a jumbo. Any ideas on how to save on the tax? I'm on the wait list for the chevron jumbo so I'll be purchasing from either Neiman's or Bergdorf's. I've never purchased anything from those stores. I have a friend in Colorado and Jersey that I could ship to. Would that work? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I live in NYC and as you all know we have very high taxes. I'm planning on buying a jumbo. Any ideas on how to save on the tax? I'm on the wait list for the chevron jumbo so I'll be purchasing from either Neiman's or Bergdorf's. I've never purchased anything from those stores. I have a friend in Colorado and Jersey that I could ship to. Would that work? Any help is greatly appreciated.
I believe Colorado has a NM so if you ship there you'll be charged taxes. Your best bet is to purchase from BG and have it shipped to your friend in Colorado and it'll be tax free that way. Good luck!

If you change your mind about shopping at or Bergdorfs
You can shop at Hirshleifers which is in Long Island but you don't have to pay taxes if you have can ship outside of NY. BUT they do don't offer returns just exchanges

Or there's Jeffrey's NYC same applies to them BUT they do offer returns within 14 days.

I live in nj and purchase from both stores.

Just in case you change your mind

Now if there isn't a Neiman's in Colorado you might be in luck. [emoji4]

Do you know anyone in RI? It's not too far from NY & I don't think you would be charged tax if you had it shipped there.
Good luck.

I just ordered a bag from BG yesterday for shipment to PA. They have a warehouse in PA. I was told that I had to ship to a different name/address from billing as a gift to waive taxes. Perhaps this is due to their warehouse location.