How to measure heel height on Christian Louboutin...

calisnoopy

Instagram @calisnoopy ❤️USC Football
O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
Does anyone know how they measure the heel height...I tried measuring all my louboutins but couldnt figure out if the company measures it from the front end of the heel (which makes the height slightly shorter) than measuring from the back side of the heel where the leather line runs across, as if thats the part where the heel is attached to the bottom foot bed...and the latter yields a higher/greater heel height...but Im not sure...

Especially when Im converting between mm and inches, it never seems to come out very consistent or exact...

I have a pair of Simple pumps in black leather and I cant tell if its 85mm or 100mm...since it seems shorter than 100mm when I measure it but taller than 85mm...ack...I have to see if I can wear a 100mm pair before doing a phone order...

Cali --

The height is measured from the back of the heel. Place the shoe on a flat surface and place a ruler against the back of the heel cup, straight down to the flat surface. That's your height. However, the height denoted is usually an approximate for the model size, usually a 6.5 or 7. If you have a smaller or larger sized shoe, the heel height does change to keep proportion.

CL's simple pumps come in a menagerie of heel heights. Anything from a 70 to 100, so it doesn't have to be 85 or 100.

Hope that helps.

I should add that the Simple and the Decoltissimo's are probably CL's most comfortable shoes in the 100mm (~4 inches). If you're comfortable in a 3 inch heel, the 85 should be NO PROBLEM at all, and the 100mm shouldn't be a problem if you're comfortable in a 3.5inch+ heel.

Also, Cali, if you want, post a picture. We'll help you identify the height!

thanks a bunch!!! i forgot that the height of the heel was dependent on the size of the shoe too...Im a 35 so thats why it came out a tad shorter LOL

thanks!!! i may just take pics of the shoes as well =)

I dont have them right now but will try and post later tonight...unfortunately i heard the simple heels even in patent dont run that small...trying to decide since theres a pair at the CL boutique in NY i want but im not there to try it on and its a 35.5 but i have a simple pair in 34.5 in leather thats a tad tight around the toe box...but wearable...just squished toes sometimes...

so I dont know if the 35.5 will have me flopping in and out or fixable with pads...