How to make sure you get on the block bidders list

LT bag lady

MASTER ENABLER
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Life on ebay was good until I decided to list some LV...:wtf:, oy the wackos have come out of the woodwork...

Let's just say my blocked bidder list has grown a lot in the last few months.

So, what gets an ebay member id a one way ticket to your block bidders list?

Here are a few of mine...

1- Triple retail?, i'll give you xxx (1/3 of starting bid and no, starting bid is not triple, not even double...)

2- Go to this link... and tell me if it's the same item
3- If the item is fake will you give me 10 times my money back?
4- Can you ship to (overseas country) and declare the value at $50.00? (for a $1200 item of course.)

I'm sure you guys have some lovely ones, please share, I love a good laugh...:yahoo:
Cheers

Oh I love the "I'll give you x amount of dollars" for something clearly worth so much more than that. For a while I had to stop using the Best Offer feature on eBay since I'd get so mad at people offering me 10% of my listing price, that I'd decide not to sell the item. I still get ridiculous offers though my favourite request is people telling me that they checked USPS and my shipping should be lower. It would be, if I didn't live in Canada!!! WTH?!!!

"hi! i tried sending payment thru paypal twice but it was decline, i guess you have certain rules in accepting credit card. also, when i was bidding i forgot that there was a shipping fee of $15, anyway please cancel my bid for this one & please offer second chance to the next highest bidder while it is still early. thanks!"

This was after she won the auction. Not only was there nothing wrong with my PP account, but how do you "forget" shipping! It is funny but annoying at the same time. This is not the only wacko I have encountered as I have had all that you listed above and then some. Needless to say, I let her go and blocked her. My blocked bidders' list has grown considerably, too, and I am taking a break for a while.

Great thread!

"Something happened with paypal, payment won't go through;" "I'll pay as soon as I get to work;" "I was traveling, I'll pay [point in time];" "I'll pay immediately if you will still accept my payment."
All from the same winning bidder!! The last one came after my NPB dispute closed and ebay refunded my fees!

Here's another one: If I win can you ship international in an envelope and declare zero value. It should only cost $2.20 in shipping. That's what other sellers charge me to ship an LV.

Hey, about declaring a lower value...I sold a botkier bag for about $320 and the girl asked if i could declare it at $200 so that she wouldn't have to pay customs taxes. I was shipping from NYC to Canada. Is this a scam thing I should be looking out for? I already sent her bag out at a lesser value, but I would like to know for the future.

Not always a scam. Canada does tax items over $200.00. The problem with declaring a lower value is that you can only insure at the lower value. It's up to you, I would probably do it if it's a small diff or a lower value item. When I get the request for a 2k item, the id goes straight to the BBL. I clearly state in my auctions I will not lie on customs forms. I have sold items to buyers in many countries under 300, I declare a lower value to help them out.
Cheers,

Here is another one I got...
Can I return the bag if the size is not right? This of course on an item where I have clearly listed the dimensions.
Love the Paypal excuses.

The last pull-your-hair-out one I got was (AFTER she won my $1100 bag, outbidding several others at the last minute):
"I didn't realize I am about $150 short in my PP account and it will take a week to transfer the funds from my bank. Plus I did not really want to pay that much for this bag.":wtf::faint::Push:

Anything saying my auctions are too expensive - ticks me off. I usually BBL them depending on their tone. My prices are based on supply and demand and my cost not what the buyer thinks she should pay.

The last pull-your-hair-out one I got was (AFTER she won my $1100 bag, outbidding several others at the last minute):
"I didn't realize I am about $150 short in my PP account and it will take a week to transfer the funds from my bank. Plus I did not really want to pay that much for this bag.":wtf::faint::Push:

Oh my goodness, that's awful!

Why do people ask for tons of pictures, never to be heard from again? Not even a squeak or a thanks, but no thanks. How rude!

Totally agree with this one.

*They don't even ASK a question in the main box, in my case, they just say something like (for example, an item I have a $60 BIN on):
"$25 shipped."

Um no?

*And awhile back, a pair of shoes I had only worn once and couldn't walk too well in:
"Do you have these in a 9?"

Uh no, I'm not a shoe store. If I had them in another size, would the ones I'm selling be worn?

*And my favorite latest one on an older magazine (with a certain singer on it, all pages intact) that was in excellent condition with 2 minor cover flaws mentioned. Buyer gets it and then emails me:
"Where are the pages that have been ripped out? I would have never bought it if I knew this!"

Keep in mind, she won it for .99+$2.75 shipping. If any of my 8 other watchers would have bid, it would have gone higher and probably to someone who actually appreciated it.
I offered her a return but after I emailed her back, I never heard from her again. Maybe she took another look and realized she threw out some accusation for no reason because there WERE no pages missing?? :sneaky: