How to make sure you get on the block bidders list

^Lol I know, right?
I was sitting there thinking about how I could word it nicely. :P

I think the bad economy has turned *bay into "Let's Make a Deal". I thought I had gotten the mother of all low offers around Christmas, but I recently got one for around 18% of auction opening price with a request for free shipping. My response was "and I guess you want me to fly to your house and wash your car as well?" Blocked Bidder Big Time!

Do I even remotely look like the Bag Fairy? I don't even own a tutu and a wand...

Wow, that's incredibly low...I was disappointed of course, with the offer for my Dior bag before it finally sold.
I had it listed for $400, they offered me $25 shipped.
I have a certain LE LV bag up, with exotic trims, etc., that I used (I WOULD say brand new since it's still perfect, but since I gently used it 2x, I can't do that and still have a clear conscience); I paid over $3600 for it.
So I listed it at $3000 BIN/OBO plus shipping, which is going to be at least $50 due to the value and the size of the box it's in, and was offered $1500 shipped for it.
That's not even HALF of what I paid for it, and it was already the cheapest one available! I guess I shouldn't complain because I suppose the offer wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I'm definitely not accepting that low of an offer for that bag.

^Lol I know, right?
I was sitting there thinking about how I could word it nicely. :P

Wow, that's incredibly low...I was disappointed of course, with the offer for my Dior bag before it finally sold.
I had it listed for $400, they offered me $25 shipped.
I have a certain LE LV bag up, with exotic trims, etc., that I used (I WOULD say brand new since it's still perfect, but since I gently used it 2x, I can't do that and still have a clear conscience); I paid over $3600 for it.
So I listed it at $3000 BIN/OBO plus shipping, which is going to be at least $50 due to the value and the size of the box it's in, and was offered $1500 shipped for it.
That's not even HALF of what I paid for it, and it was already the cheapest one available! I guess I shouldn't complain because I suppose the offer wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I'm definitely not accepting that low of an offer for that bag.

I have seen the bag:heart: and if I can find a rich guy (I would be cheating on my fiance but, hey, these are hard economic times:graucho:) to string along, I will be makin' ya a good offer! $1500 for that particular bag is total blasphemy:cursing:!

I am far beyond trying to be nice on *bay anymore. My inner ***** is getting quite the workout these days.

^Haha oh yeah you have! I forgot lol.
Judging by the buyer I have just had to deal with on a CHEAP item, I would LOVE to sell the pricey item to someone like you who would appreciate it and not throw a hissy fit for no reason!

I sell electronics on ebay. Here's my blocked bidder, craziest guy ever:
"Hello
I was wondering if we could make a deal. I like to buy 3 phone? my offer is xxx each let me know..
thank you.. hope to get the deal going.."
I reply "far too low etc. etc."
I patiently reply to about four emails about the phones.
THEN I get this: "
so if I buy 4 iphones, would I get 2 iphone free? "
I tell him no, sorry, and reiterate the prices offered on the website and ebay and offer to throw in free shipping.
Then: "
So it comes with 6 iphones? for $xxx correct?"
I once again patiently explain the pricing structure. This is AFTER I've told him I don't give free phones away no matter how many he buys.
His reply: "
Are you giving 2 iphone free? if I buy 4 phones?
if thats the case then, send me the invoice..."
AAAARGH!!! I ONCE AGAIN tell him the original price list!!!
His reply: "
Hello
I though you will give 2 free iphone after buying 4, i guess not.
I will go with the first deal. buy two and get three one free.
for two iphone will be $xxx correct? and three is free correct?
can you send me the invoice "

(Bear in mind there was absolutely no such deal ever mentioned...he's just making this up as he goes along!)
ONCE AGAIN I state clearly that he won't get any free phones no matter how many he buys.
And his final email? "oh.. i m sorry.. i m missed understand..
thank you for your time.. i think its too much price for one "

I spent an hour answering this guy's questions.
.. :mad::noggin:

Here is an exact EB message I got just two days ago... LOVE these!

"hi! my friend came into my into my ebay account and put my bid up to $xxx which is out of my price range - i guess she thought i really wanted it and was helping me out - is there any way to retract my bid? let me know how we can resolve this!"

Umm.. I don't know about you all but do you have your "friends" do you EB bidding for you?

Here is an exact EB message I got just two days ago... LOVE these!

"hi! my friend came into my into my ebay account and put my bid up to $xxx which is out of my price range - i guess she thought i really wanted it and was helping me out - is there any way to retract my bid? let me know how we can resolve this!"

Umm.. I don't know about you all but do you have your "friends" do you EB bidding for you?

With friends like that you will get BLOCKED! lol!:rolleyes:

I sell electronics on ebay. Here's my blocked bidder, craziest guy ever:
"Hello
I was wondering if we could make a deal. I like to buy 3 phone? my offer is xxx each let me know..
thank you.. hope to get the deal going.."
I reply "far too low etc. etc."
I patiently reply to about four emails about the phones.
THEN I get this: "so if I buy 4 iphones, would I get 2 iphone free? "
I tell him no, sorry, and reiterate the prices offered on the website and ebay and offer to throw in free shipping.
Then: "So it comes with 6 iphones? for $xxx correct?"
I once again patiently explain the pricing structure. This is AFTER I've told him I don't give free phones away no matter how many he buys.
His reply: "Are you giving 2 iphone free? if I buy 4 phones?
if thats the case then, send me the invoice..."
AAAARGH!!! I ONCE AGAIN tell him the original price list!!!
His reply: "Hello
I though you will give 2 free iphone after buying 4, i guess not.
I will go with the first deal. buy two and get three one free.
for two iphone will be $xxx correct? and three is free correct?
can you send me the invoice "
(Bear in mind there was absolutely no such deal ever mentioned...he's just making this up as he goes along!)
ONCE AGAIN I state clearly that he won't get any free phones no matter how many he buys.
And his final email? "oh.. i m sorry.. i m missed understand..
thank you for your time.. i think its too much price for one "

I spent an hour answering this guy's questions... :mad::noggin:

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: .....and I'm amazed at your patience!!

I just blocked a buyer whose message didn't sit right with me. I'm selling a pair of boots that I never wore for 75% off retail. I have pictures of the boots with the tags on them and their pristine box. Just as I wondered if I was doing the right thing, I found this thread. Thank you!!!

Here's her question:
Hi, I realize they are new, but are there any flaws? Do the zippers work fine? Can you consider any less for a bin? Thank you!

I just blocked a buyer whose message didn't sit right with me. I'm selling a pair of boots that I never wore for 75% off retail. I have pictures of the boots with the tags on them and their pristine box. Just as I wondered if I was doing the right thing, I found this thread. Thank you!!!

Here's her question:
Hi, I realize they are new, but are there any flaws? Do the zippers work fine? Can you consider any less for a bin? Thank you!

Wow thats a pretty good deal 75% off retail. I would never ask for less from a seller who is selling so cheap. I would not want to get on the list lol.

I had a rare JC charm up for a BIN/OBO of $58, then someone offered $40, retracted the offer, then offered $30. I countered with $40 and she countered back with $32. Um no, especially when I'm including shipping AND it's a rare charm AND the only other one up is on a BIN for $130, I think not.
I think the outlet prices and sales at the stores are getting people spoiled.

I know you may find it rude for people to ask about the condition of NIB or NWT items but I've seen some items at stores that are new and have been tossed around quite a bit. I always ask if there's any stains, tears or anything else wrong with shoes, bags or clothing. I just call it being cautious before I bid. Please don't find it rude. It is rude to ask for a lower bin price though. But you know somewhere someone will accept that offer, so they keep trying with everyone.

Well, with existence of the DSR (star) system, I'm even more cautious. So I blocked a buyer who sent me this email:

"Hi....could you tell me why your shipping is so high? I am interested in the item, however, the s&h is excessively high and wanted to know why. I too sell on ebay and i've never charged that for a top. thank you."

I had put flat rate priority which is $10.35. The "top" is actually a bulkier sweater that will be in the 1-2 pound weight range for USPS when shipped in a box. I'll be shipping it in a box rather than folding into a tyvek envelope because it's a $630 sweater. I don't want to smush it. Also, I pay for insurance out of my own pocket and that is stated in the listing. I checked and if I do priority 1-2 pounds the rate is $8.70 so I did goof on putting flate rate on this one. I just went back and added the variable rate option so the eventual buyer will have that option.

ALL that aside though, because this woman was somewhat forceful in her message I decided to block her rather than risk my star rating falling and losing my DSR discount across all my listings. Before stars, I wouldn't have bothered because the chances of being actually negged for something like this are lower than getting hit in the shipping star rating. Such is the current ebay seller experience.

I knew this thread is going to get me all fired up about idiot buyers on fbay, I am normally a very nice and communicative seller, and just like a lot of you, I don't sell stuff on fbay for a living, I sell mostly my old purses to make room in my closet and I never ever make a profit out of selling these bags, I'd be lucky at times IF I just breakeven and that rarely happens.

Anyway, here are my biggest pet-peeves with buyer questions:

1) Is your bag authentic?
- Ok, this is after I've written a thesis on my auction outlining how my bag is authentic AND had posted at least 12 close up pictures of my bag. In my opinion, it's pointless to ask a seller this type of question, I mean, if the bag is fake, do you genius think I'd tell you it's a fake? HELLO!? :wtf:

2) Are there any large visible scratches on your bag? If so, what do you recommend that I use to get rid of these scratches?
- First of all, you are getting a bag that's WAY BELOW retail, and I listed as a pre-owned bag, not selling it as brand new. If you are worried about the scratches, then DON'T risk buying it. I am also not a leather repair store so I don't have magic potion that can help you get rid of these scratches, if I know how to or would invest in the money to restore the bag, do you think I would have listed it at the price that I did? :Push:

3) How come your shipping is so expensive? I also sell my bags on ebay and I always get it shipped under $10
- I responded to this particular buyer and requested that she send me the shipping service company she's been using as I'd like to know if there could be a discount for me too. I normally list shipping for $20 for my bags and that's including a nice box packaging, insurance and delivery confirmation. Depending on the location, priority mail sometimes can cost up to $50! Of course, I never heard back from the buyer after I responded.

There are a lot more but these are probably the top 3 that just gets me all worked up!