How to make step-in boots easier to get in?

ByeKitty

Literally amazing!
May 8, 2010
The title says it all...
I own a pair of leather knee-high boots I really love, but rarely wear because they're such a struggle to get on.
The inside is (of course) suede as they aren't lined with anything else...

Is there anything I could do to make the inside "smoother" or something?

I've had that problem with a number of boots and I just did the usual struggling and pulling, but I recently got a pair that was just impossible and made me fear ruining the leather by forcing it. I used baby powder and that helped slick down the inside and made them easier to pull on. I then made the decision to get a long shoehorn, and though there still is a bit of a struggle (mostly with positioning) it really helps a lot!

use a dry cleaner's bag that they hang your clothes in; you'll need 2.

Put the bag on your foot and pull on the boots. The bag will make your foot and leg slip in more easily. Then just pull the bag off and out of the boot (ripping it, of course). Voila!

I guess you need to go to the cleaners a lot for this method. Maybe you can think of some other kind of thin bag that you can pull out when the boot is securely on. (Thin trash bag?)

I've had that problem with a number of boots and I just did the usual struggling and pulling, but I recently got a pair that was just impossible and made me fear ruining the leather by forcing it. I used baby powder and that helped slick down the inside and made them easier to pull on. I then made the decision to get a long shoehorn, and though there still is a bit of a struggle (mostly with positioning) it really helps a lot!

I totally Agree!:tup::tup::tup:
Baby Powder and a Long Shoe Horn are your Best Friends!:ghi5: