how to make purse straps longer????

1. I just bought a beautiful Cole Haan bag, but the straps are too short to put over my shoulder. Has anyone ever gotten their purse straps altered at a repair store to make them longer? I hate to alter the purse, but wonder if it is an easy thing to do. Your help , suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. the changing strap part is easy enough, a leather repairer can do this fast. but to found the same leather that matched your bag is the hard part :P
    good luck

3. It all depends on how much detail is on the strap.

Flat turned edge or raw endge handles are very easy to alter or even stretch a little...

but if the strap is woven... or has some sort of distinctive details on it.. it might get a bit difficult. Maybe show us a pic of your bag in question?

4. Thanks so much for replying! I am going to keep the bag for sure now that I know you can change the handles. I will try to post a pic so you can see the purse handles. Thanks again!

5. Order a spare strap for your bag from the maker of the bag and buckle the two together. This way your leather colour and everything match. All you need is a couple of nice buckles or rings to join them. Usually beyond your high st repairer to start joining the straps any other way without making a pigs ear of it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice