How to make powder blush stay on longer?

honu

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
I'm loving my LM powder blush but notice that it disappears after a couple hours. Is there a method to make it stay on longer?

I'd rather use powder blush since I'm always in a hurry in the morning. I tried cream blush but that didn't work out as well.

TIA~~~ :biggrin:

Do you have oily skin? Are you using a powder before you apply your blush?

I have oily skin and when I need my blush to last longer than usual, I do cream blush, face powder then powder blush. Works like a charm. HIH

Do you have oily skin? Are you using a powder before you apply your blush?

I have oily skin and when I need my blush to last longer than usual, I do cream blush, face powder then powder blush. Works like a charm. HIH

agreed. Or if you don't wear foundation you can use a primer on your cheeks only for staying power.

Whoops, I forgot to say that I have dry skin. I do wear foundation (GA Lasting Silk or Face Fabric), apply transluscent powder and then apply blush.

I guess I should get a primer and a cream blush to make everything last longer. I was hoping to avoid cream blush but I guess I can't :smile:

I guess I am little different from the norm, just a little. :blush: I apply: primer, foundation, blush(apply with blush brush, blend(set)), then I blend face with kabuki brush, then apply powder, and blend(set). And it tends to last.
My guess is if you apply a tad bit more blush after this it would last even longer, becuase you are reapplying and blending(setting).

Hope you find a solution that works for you. :tup:

I don't use primer. After I've applied my foundation, I apply Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder -> Blush -> HD Microfinish Powder again (just a little) to set the blush.

So what would be a good LaFemme color for me? I am a fair skinned Asian and only wear foundation and lip gloss. Would Dusty Rose be a good color for me?

TIA~~~