How to make a trade?

joy&lv

Obsessed
O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
So I am considering putting a few of my bags on Bonanza for trade (or purchase.) I think selling is simple as Paypal provides some protection but how about trade?

Has anyone had any experience with trading a bag for a bag?

One way to do a trade is to have both sides paypal each other the same amount that is roughly equal to the worth of the bag. This way, if you don't get your item then you've paid some amount and can file a claim, get your money back, etc. This isn't ideal, because you incur some fees, but at least you're protected against getting totally ripped off.

One way to do a trade is to have both sides paypal each other the same amount that is roughly equal to the worth of the bag. This way, if you don't get your item then you've paid some amount and can file a claim, get your money back, etc. This isn't ideal, because you incur some fees, but at least you're protected against getting totally ripped off.

That make sense, is that a pretty common practice?

would tread very carefully pursuing this way of trading..

there was a post awhile back about someone who also

pursued this way of trading and had a major problem

that eventually did get resolved...why just not list the

item to be sold....

This sounds like the best option unless you are trading with someone you "know" and trust.

If one of the parties doesn't make the payment, that party doesn't get the item so at least no one is ripped off in the "scam" sense of the word. However, if that party doesn't follow through on payment, they've still sold their item so they've succeeded in getting rid of it. The other party could conceivably get back at the one that reneges by leaving appropriate feedback.

But this seems to be the fairest and least risky way to do it.

item to be sold....

hotshot, do you remember when or who posted it? i'd want to read it, this sounds interesting.

item to be sold....

i remember the thread now that you found it)))) i read it already and i don't remember all the details but i don't think they did a paypal payment to each other. they just both shipped to each other on the same day and the other person shipped an empty envelope just so there's tracking.

it seems like doing it with paypal though is not much protection either: you pay let's say $1,500 and get $1,500 right back. so then what's stopping the other person from not sending the bag after you send yours or sending some bs in a box?
am i missing something?

i remember the thread now that you found it)))) i read it already and i don't remember all the details but i don't think they did a paypal payment to each other. they just both shipped to each other on the same day and the other person shipped an empty envelope just so there's tracking.

it seems like doing it with paypal though is not much protection either: you pay let's say $1,500 and get $1,500 right back. so then what's stopping the other person from not sending the bag after you send yours or sending some bs in a box?
am i missing something?

exactly.. what is stopping anyone from saying they received
an empty box or a box that was tampered with....they file
a claim and then who knows??? one has to be subjected to
so much.. just think about it... there are risks with every
transaction but on a trade????? one is really blindly trusting
another... the operative word here is TRUST!!!

am i missing something?
If one of the buyers doesn't get something (or the right thing) for her $1500, she has the ability to file either INR (if she doesn't get anything) or SNAD (if she gets an empty box).

joy&lv: I know this is what's suggested for a few blogs that do "trade" features, but those tend to be for low-value items (<$100), so the PP fees are less of a consideration.

hotshot and lalachka: BB answered this question, but basically it's as if you bought something so you're under PP's buyer protection... however, since you both "buy" from each other simultaneously, you get your money back, less PP fees.

I've done a about 10 or 12 trades with RM and bal bags but only with bonanza members that I've bought from in the past or ones I know well. I've never involved paypal but that is good advice. All my trades have gone well. I do draw the line at international trades.