How to look after Antique Glace leather?

rachiem

O.G.
Sep 7, 2007
I received my Ledbury today (which is soo beautiful...pics to follow when hubby goes back to work!!)
It doesn't have a care card...so do I need to spray it or does it already have a waterprof coating, will it mark in the rain etc?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

I received my Ledbury today (which is soo beautiful...pics to follow when hubby goes back to work!!)
It doesn't have a care card...so do I need to spray it or does it already have a waterprof coating, will it mark in the rain etc?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Whre are the modelling pics????

I have the care card for My Roxy in Antique Black Glace, it says: "We advise to regulary treat your bag with the recommended Collonil Waterspot (!), which will assist in preserving the natural characteristics of this unique leather. If the surface appears dull, rub lightly with a soft cloth. Please remove residue water with a paper towel. Should your bag get wet, pack loosely with paper and allow to dry naturally-never palce in direct heat. Please avoid rubbing against easily marked or light clothing. Special care should be taken to prevent scratching and marking, avoid placing the bag on rough or sharp surfaces."

Congrats to a superb bag!

Congrats, rachiem!

I never treat my glace bays, no collonil, no polish or nourrishing cream, and it looks even better now than when it was brand new. I have used it a lot - for years, in all kinds of weather. When I bought it, I was told that the glace leather doesn't need any treatment or spraying. I simply make sure to wipe it dry if I get caught in the rain (and living on the Swedish west coast, that happens quite often). Good luck!

congrats Rachiem... cant wait to see some pics!

Regarding care - my card also says use collonii however i have never yet treated the glace bags with it. My glace plum bays has been out in wind/snow/rain untreated and she just looks better for it!