How To Keep My Handbag Safe at Someone Else's Home?

Michikoamelia

Mar 25, 2016
Im planning to homestay at a host family's home and was wondering what's a good way to keep my bags secure so nobody will steal it when I'm not at home if they find out I own Chanel bag?

Unfortunately I have to bring it with me because I will be staying out here in the U.S and my family is going to be living overseas so host family already planned and plus I want to use the bag too for special occasions

get a locking truck at a store for maybe 19.99-49.99 and lock your bags inside with other clothes and personal belongings you want kept safe. of course they will steal if they want to, but it's a deterrent

**image from walmart site
006ad017-a351-440c-b6e3-f50e3f8860ea_1.0ee9401f8f5d63d47aa4426237d5a807.jpeg

I am more concerned that you are going to live with a family that you can't trust with little things like purses. so you can't trust them with your purse but you can trust them with you??
Also why would they steal it if you are staying there. Wouldn't you know one of them took it since it is their house .

Anyway for a real answer at hotels I just lock my suitcase , put it in the closet, and face the lock away so they aren't offended.

That is what I did for my honeymoon, put all my goodies in my suitcase, locked her up and under the bed. The closet sounds better though. I was really trying to hide it lol.

It sounds like you "want" to bring it along vs you "must" bring it along. I agree with those who say don't take it with you. Yes, you should be able to trust your host family, however you don't know if they will have parties or other situations where guests will be in their home. I suggest you leave the bag with your family overseas and enjoy your journey Chanel free!
Unfortunately I have to bring it with me because I will be staying out here in the U.S and my family is going to be living overseas so host family already planned and plus I want to use the bag too for special occasions

That is what I did for my honeymoon, put all my goodies in my suitcase, locked her up and under the bed. The closet sounds better though. I was really trying to hide it lol.
ok I'll try that. I was told not to store Chanel bags inside original box because not breathable but as long as if it's inside dust bag then put it inside suitcase would be ok right?

ok I'll try that. I was told not to store Chanel bags inside original box because not breathable but as long as if it's inside dust bag then put it inside suitcase would be ok right?
Very long term storage inside those cardboard boxes is what people are mostly concerned about, not a day or two, or even a week.

My Chanel Boutique stores their unsold classic bags (the ones that for some reason, they never send back to the warehouse) in those boxes for years if they have to, they aren't concerned at all.