How to go from Birmingham to Bicester by public transport?

Sterre

O.G.
Jan 12, 2009
Can anyone help me with this?

I'm flying to Birmingham airport and want to go directly to Bicester before my work begins in the afternoon...

Can i go by train? Which one? Is there a direct or good connection to Bicester? How long will it take -one way-?

Thanks in advance :smile:

The attached link should help. Bit tricky as there are several stations in Birmingham and Bicester. I'm not sure if Bicester north station is near the outlet? You could get a taxi for the last leg of your journey

I did a quick search and it is possible but depends on when you land and how long you have got.

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/tt

And they have buses going between the station and the outlet quite often, £2 each way!

Actually this is much easier "Ask for Bicester Village when purchasing your Chiltern Railways train ticket and this will include the bus journey."

Airport Location

The Airport rail station, Birmingham International, is located only 500 metres from the Airport Passenger Terminals. The rail station is linked to the Passenger Terminals by the free, frequent Air-Rail Link from 0515 to 0200. Air-Rail link runs every two minutes with a journey time of less than 2 minutes, providing a fast and easy connection from train to plane.

From Birmingham

Chiltern Railways runs daily services - up to two an hour - from Birmingham Moor Street to Bicester North station, with journey times from just over an hour. On arrival at Bicester North station the Bicester Village Taxi Bus will whisk you straight to your favourite boutiques. Ask for Bicester Village when purchasing your Chiltern Railways train ticket and this will include the bus journey

Above quotes from airport and Bicester websites

THANK YOU both!!!

I'll be travelling from B'ham int airport, will use the Air rail link and buy a ticket at Chiltern Railways and will ask for Bicester Village! Just repeat it for myself so i really 'got' it!

Thanks again soooooo much, i will arrive at 09.45 in the morning so am hoping to get a train around 10.30?? If all works out i'll have one or two hours in Bicester.

Hope you'll enjoy your trip!
Bicester is great :balloon: I uaually pop into Mulberry, Ralph Lauren, Burberry and DKNY, but lots of other interesting shops too though:P Planning on getting a Bose Sound Dock next time I visit!