How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

Ms.O I cant remember if u had a FC done or is it just fat lost? Wow at the difference.
Hi @MOTTY26 the before picture was taken before I had chin shaving by Ion, before facial fat graft, before rib rhinoplasty, before lip lift etc. I weighed 99 lbs in the before photo, was postmenopausal and was dehydrated from drinking champagne. I hated my face and that was the impetus for booking rib rhinoplasty with chin shaving with Ion in Feb 2016, dealt with reop for the rib rhino complication, followed by upper bleph with lid fat graft at MVP May 2016, vermillion lip lift at MVP July 2016, full face fat graft at DA July 2016, top up Sept 2016 and so on and so forth. I would have had a facelift if a surgeon agreed but ASPS in Korea said no and Dr Amir in Kent said no at the time. I was not going to stop until I looked good again. In short the before was due to severe fat loss from postmenopausal drop in oestrogen combined with dehydration, ie growing old! I dare not go to a drinks event now without downing 500 mls of water beforehand and drinking a glass of water in between glasses of champagne. Seeing one’s face melt after a glass or 2 of champagne is traumatising!

My ideal face body weight is now 101.8 lbs. Somehow I have to set the bar higher to maintain the MVP top up fat graft from Jan 2020. I am noticing the corners of my lips become down turned if I drop my weight below 101.8 with a right sided minor jowl. This means if I want a surgeon to agree to a FL, I just lose a few lbs so my face deflates? Lol. But the research is taking a long time. I have read 600+ trust pilot reviews on Mr Nick Rhodes, I have watched hour long instagram interviews with Nick Rhodes, Paul Harris, Jag Chana, etc. I have researched realself and found a heartbreaking negative review on FL with PH that has made me think I need to put off FL until I am 60 or have it done by Dr Lee at ASPS clinic in Seoul or Dr Dongman Park in his Bio clinic in Seoul. But even if I get fully vaccinated, Korea is only allowing a quarantine exemption for those who get fully vaccinated in Korea!

I do ask myself why didn’t I just get a FL at Namu Jan 2020?! I had my consult and saw his b&a’s of Western patients and the price was very reasonable and he agreed to do one and had a dedicated anaesthesiologist. Although my weight was 96 lbs and my face was saggy due to being deflated so perhaps the need was artificially induced. If only I had known about the covid ban on travel...sigh. It certainly is keeping me out of Korea and more impulsive same day or next day surgeries! It was such a hectic week in Korea, starved so I could have same day op in any clinic, armed with a credit card and offered so many choices for same or next day breast fat transfer, to threads, to facelift, to v line and zygoma surgery! Such a big difference between Korea and the U.K. I rang for a free consult with Mr Nick Rhodes and his first slot is October 1! To qualify for his VR lift, one has to be able to pull up the skin 2-3 cms on the side of the ear. I can only pull up 1 cm but maybe by October and after I lose 5 lbs, I can pull up 3 cms? Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: MOTTY26
Hi @mlydzz I love, love, love my upper eyelid fat graft. Yes it has lasted for years now. Here is a photo from this month. See how full my upper lids are. Yes he has moved from MVP to run his own clinic Machimpyo. Can't believe I turn 55 soon!
You look absolutely gorgeous here!! Thanks for adding the info about Seo’s new clinic Machimpyo.

in the US, Dr Eshima in SF is often cited as the best but he is v expensive, keeps a low profile (his website doesn’t have before and after, just contact info) although you can see them in his office; (EDIT: I just saw that he retired.) He uses GA at a hospital in the area. I’ve never gone to him but I’ve often heard his name whispered about among socialites and ladies of a certain age. (Not a shill and have no affiliation. I’m a bit too young to think about FL at 35). my main interest in ptosis correction (imho Koreans do Asian eyes really brilliantly—you can customize your eye shape!), getting upper eye fillers for my direly sunken upper lids (I haven’t worn much eye makeup throughout 2020 because I can’t figure out how to work with my new eye shape and ofc all the makeup counters were closed!), some brow Botox/lift. Possibly temple (not cheek) fillers for that lovely youthful high cheekbone curve. And of course a revision rhino, or just some filler to top up an irregularity in the bridge! I noticed Koreans prefer fat grafts while US prefer fillers like Belotero - but stories like Han Ye Seul getting a lipoma from what seems like a forehead fat graft make me nervous. At least fillers can be dissolved....

I think Bray’s work is excellent, & the ladies who have gone to him are happy to talk on RealSelf—some even offered to meet up with me when I was in London because photos don’t do work justice, you know? They’re very open about complications and possible scarring too. He uses local anaesthesia.

Some Korean clinics do great work on native Koreans (who often go in groups and get surgery together for a better rate) but ignore foreigners unless they whip out a camera and film their journey. I’ve noticed that the best results on foreigners come that way if they know you are recording every step of the way (get a friend or nurse to film you when you’re recovering). Btw I would not rec a thread lift for anyone with thin (eg caucasian) skin, for the same reasons PDO eye lifts (the Fox eye trend) were a brief flash - they don’t hold up after a few months, & thin skin takes to sagging.

thanks again for such excellent info, MissOrange!
ETA: did you tint or microblade your brows? They’re beautiful and suit you well. I also noticed you started wearing light lip glosses and colors which draw attention to the eyes and away from the lower face (although tbh I don’t see a real cause for concern there...) The colors really look youthful and compliment your beauty :smile:

Last edited:
Eg this lady had Restalyne to the upper eye and it ‘s still in place after 3 years, no top up! I know some places use Belotero though for precision. https://georgeyangmd.com/before-after-patient-case/upper-eyelid-filler-2662/
But I wouldn’t mind an upper lid fat graft if it looked like yours! :smile: I recall your asking for Jun Ji Hyun eyes and Dr Seo did a marvellous job!
I thought fillers were much more dangerous and have a higher chance of migrating than fat graft?

Reactions: MissOrange
I thought fillers were much more dangerous and have a higher chance of migrating than fat graft?
HA Fillers in the upper eye region have a strangely lower rate of migration and stay for years, mostly as the upper eye is not as mobile as the other parts of the face. But yes you must go to an expert who has done many of these procedures (like lasik, you want someone experienced) and preferably studied ocuplastics

Reactions: dpnot
@MissOrange does dr Seo’s new clinic write korean or English? I am sorely not fluent and I see they have kakao, line and whatsapp but when I asked abt whatsapp I didn’t get a response. I would like to send my wish photos (aka mostly myself pre pandemic lol) vs now (35 & worn down) for evaluation. May I mention your name as a referral?

Last edited:
HA Fillers in the upper eye region have a strangely lower rate of migration and stay for years, mostly as the upper eye is not as mobile as the other parts of the face. But yes you must go to an expert who has done many of these procedures (like lasik, you want someone experienced) and preferably studied ocuplastics
Had no idea? I always heard the opposite and thought it was an absolute no-go. thanks.

@MissOrange does dr Seo’s new clinic write korean or English? I am sorely not fluent and I see they have kakao, line and whatsapp but when I asked abt whatsapp I didn’t get a response. I would like to send my wish photos (aka mostly myself pre pandemic lol) vs now (35 & worn down) for evaluation. May I mention your name as a referral?
Hi @sanarae, you can mention my name as a past patient of his but I am not affiliated with him or his clinic. It was the same problem getting through to mvp. I would call and ask for Ellen to kakao me, I would kakao her, etc. I assume it is the same with Machimpyo. You can try messaging @drseo on this forum, call his clinic, upload kakao as korea uses this messaging app over whatsapp etc.

Reactions: sanarae
While Korea still requires a 2 week quarantine for foreigners, I have been researching more uk surgeons. It seems they all train first in the MACS facelift which uses deep loop sutures to hold up the smas and very few venture into deep plane FL. The longevity of the MACS then is dependent on the longevity of the sutures and if permanent sutures are used there may be a risk of suture extrusion or reaction. But I found one in Hull Dr Vasu Karri with a background in head and neck so is not afraid of the facial nerve. He does deep plane, uses nonpermanent pds sutures and relies on scar tissue formation after the sutures dissolve and for £7,200! And he follows Dr Jacono's 60 degree FL vector! Best price and follows $120k Dr Jacono’s technique!

He is extremely honest and patient focussed and told this 50+ yo she didn't need his £7200 FL but rather his £2200 facial fat graft! Wow she looks fab after 52 ccs of fat graft! Fillers have their limitations and one cannot fill a face with 52 mls of synthetic fillers.

Dr Karri also insists on hiding his FL scars so ladies can wear their hair up without tell signs of a FL! 30% of his FLs are revision FLs from other surgeons and revising their scars too. I’m sold! But I have to wait until I am 60+ as I still don’t need it as fat has restored my youth and facial volume.

It really puts me off to see some U.K. surgeons use staples to close their facelifts. In training, we would use staples to close quickly to save time but never on the face for fear of leaving tram scars. I recall in A&E closing a laceration with fine sutures to reduce scarring and as I was taking too long, the attending said just staple the wound! But then when it came to staple removal, I saw awful tram scars from the holes left from the staples. I thought I would have to fly to Korea for a no scar FL but maybe I have found someone who doesn’t mind taking time to embroider?

20210508_081540.jpg

20210508_081510.jpg

20210508_081454.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dpnot
You look absolutely gorgeous here!! Thanks for adding the info about Seo’s new clinic Machimpyo.

in the US, Dr Eshima in SF is often cited as the best but he is v expensive, keeps a low profile (his website doesn’t have before and after, just contact info) although you can see them in his office; (EDIT: I just saw that he retired.) He uses GA at a hospital in the area. I’ve never gone to him but I’ve often heard his name whispered about among socialites and ladies of a certain age. (Not a shill and have no affiliation. I’m a bit too young to think about FL at 35). my main interest in ptosis correction (imho Koreans do Asian eyes really brilliantly—you can customize your eye shape!), getting upper eye fillers for my direly sunken upper lids (I haven’t worn much eye makeup throughout 2020 because I can’t figure out how to work with my new eye shape and ofc all the makeup counters were closed!), some brow Botox/lift. Possibly temple (not cheek) fillers for that lovely youthful high cheekbone curve. And of course a revision rhino, or just some filler to top up an irregularity in the bridge! I noticed Koreans prefer fat grafts while US prefer fillers like Belotero - but stories like Han Ye Seul getting a lipoma from what seems like a forehead fat graft make me nervous. At least fillers can be dissolved....

I think Bray’s work is excellent, & the ladies who have gone to him are happy to talk on RealSelf—some even offered to meet up with me when I was in London because photos don’t do work justice, you know? They’re very open about complications and possible scarring too. He uses local anaesthesia.

Some Korean clinics do great work on native Koreans (who often go in groups and get surgery together for a better rate) but ignore foreigners unless they whip out a camera and film their journey. I’ve noticed that the best results on foreigners come that way if they know you are recording every step of the way (get a friend or nurse to film you when you’re recovering). Btw I would not rec a thread lift for anyone with thin (eg caucasian) skin, for the same reasons PDO eye lifts (the Fox eye trend) were a brief flash - they don’t hold up after a few months, & thin skin takes to sagging.

thanks again for such excellent info, MissOrange!
ETA: did you tint or microblade your brows? They’re beautiful and suit you well. I also noticed you started wearing light lip glosses and colors which draw attention to the eyes and away from the lower face (although tbh I don’t see a real cause for concern there...) The colors really look youthful and compliment your beauty :smile:
Hi @sanarae, I forgot to answer your extra questions. I had my eyebrows tattooed at Tracie Giles in London years ago with one top up. It has lasted forever! I specifically asked for a light colour to soften the face and also a lighter brow tattoo colour looks more natural when you do not wear makeup. If I apply full makeup, then I use a brow pencil to thicken the brows to balance the eye makeup. As for the lips, as we have to wear masks everywhere, I tend to not bother with lipstick and just apply carmex lip balm daily. After lip lift one needs to apply lip balm or Vaseline daily for dry parched lips or maybe because I cannot reach drinking 1.5-2 litres a day so am chronically dehydrated?

Last edited:
Reactions: sanarae
Hi @sanarae, I forgot to answer your extra questions. I had my eyebrows tattooed at Tracie Giles in London years ago with one top up. It has lasted forever! I specifically asked for a light colour to soften the face and also a lighter brow tattoo colour looks more natural when you do not wear makeup. If I apply full makeup, then I use a brow pencil to thicken the brows to balance the eye makeup. As for the lips, as we have to wear masks everywhere, I tend to not bother with lipstick and just apply carmex lip balm daily. After lip lift one needs to apply lip balm or Vaseline daily for dry parched lips or maybe because I cannot reach drinking 1.5-2 litres a day so am chronically dehydrated?
Do you like ice tea or eg cucumber water @MissOrange ? It is hard to reach that level of water so I sympathize; I’m always carrying a water bottle around to force myself to drink lol. Also I’ve got into celery juice cos Nam Vo drinks it & it is really not bad! Juicing can be highly sugary if one adds fruit, but celery I’ve found oddly palatable? Can’t be bad for one nonetheless. Also thanks for the info on the brow tint! It looks so pretty on you!!! :smile: i have dark brows and hair, & the brows don’t match my Virgin hair but am determined to keep them as full as possible. PS, i was told by my trauma medic friend that aquaphor is best for dry lips (the tub kind not the one marketed for lip). Your bullhorn lip lift is super gorgeous —I’ve only seen in the US by Dr Talei & yours turned out nicer. Maybe I should go to the UK after visiting relatives in Korea for PS! I have a job offer there :smile: