How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

MissOrange

Dec 10, 2015
I thought I would start a new thread as I seem to have hijacked smitten kitten's thread on MVP to share my journey. I summarised my plastic surgery journey on www.drunacoales.blogspot.co.uk. Here is a short summary of my tips.

1. As you age, the nose tip droops. Bear this in mind when you get your primary rhinoplasty as it may not be your last. My tip drooped after 16 years and needed revision. In SK they prefer ultra soft silicone for the nose as it is easier to fit. Take care as some people react to foreign material more than others and you may need to remove or exchange on average every 10 years as with most body artificial implants. Ear or rib cartilage is autologous and less likely to cause a reaction. Get several quotes on kakao from various clinics. One clinic JW may start at 13 million for rib rhino revision but then drops to 11 million if they know you are active on social media but then may drop even further to 8 million after a consultation with the plastic surgeon and may even drop to 7.4 if you look like you are going elsewhere as shared by another KK friend. This is something foreigners are not used to...negotiating. Or clinics like GNG or MVP will start with a fair price like 4.5 million at GNG for rhino or 3 million special at MVP. MVP is noted for trying to give foreigners as close to local prices as they can. There are 2 types of noses...long nose and Barbie nose. Make sure you bring an A4 of a favourite actress or model or use the facetouchup app to see which suits your face. Bear in mind the nose and ears continue to grow with aging!

2. In your 40s, you start to lose fat from your face which then makes your face look bony. The most resistant fat is in your cheeks which then makes your face look unbalanced, ie chipmunk cheeks on a bony skeleton face. The answer is not cheek liposuction or buccal fat removal but full face fat graft to rejuvenate and replace all the facial fat lost with ageing. Be patient as fat grafting may need 3 attempts to stay and be prepared to gain a few lbs to help the fat graft thrive.

3. Eyelid sulcus hollows with ageing. Again fat grafting to the lids rejuvenates. You can combine this with an incision des or blepharoplasty. Again bear in mind that skin sags so actually a bigger crease buys you more time before it sags. Your first des is never your last when battling gravity.

4. Philtrum sags with ageing. You may have seen smiles with no upper teeth show. This is because the philtrum has sagged from 11 mms to 20 mms and basically covers your upper teeth show even at rest. Try a bullhorn lip lift and do not ask the plastic surgeon to cut into the nasal sill or it may distort the nostrils. The only downside is a scar but if you wear makeup, you can hide as it takes a year for the scar to be invisible.

5. SMAS facelift. I have seen this in girls as young as 30. As it is costly and with ageing all skin sags, I would suggest trying to put this off as long as possible by using other anti ageing procedures. Bear in mind any bone surgery may accelerate skin sagging and you may end up requiring an earlier SMAS facelift.

Hope this helps ladies especially from 40+. I turn 51 shortly and my next milestone hurdle will be conquering ageing at 60!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 10,480
Last edited:
Hi Orange i have read through your blog and im happy that you have found the good places here.
May I ask how much did you pay for Facial Fatgrafting at DA?
@pinkypuppet37 I paid DAPRS 2.5 million won for 2 full facial fat grafting and included a 10% tax refund. Be prepared to negotiate with the consultant in person. The price initially started higher! I mentioned the price given to a friend and asked to match this as she had been offered 1.8 million for one or 2.5 million fo two. They agreed. I have since negotiated a third as although the fat grafting has stayed in the forehead and temples (only had it done once there), I think I need a top up again to the malar cheeks and around the mouth to stay permanently six months after my second. DA started at 1.5 million won and I started at 700,000 won for the third. We agreed at 1 million won. I would say know your budget and if the quote is still too high over kakao, meet with Dr Kim in person and then afterwards try your best to get them to work with you so it can be affordable for you. If you are active on social media, this can help with negotiations. I feel foreigners should be paying as close to local prices as possible and finding clinics that do this and have board certified plastic surgeons then becomes a win:win.

Good tips MissOrange. I would also add multiple skin rejuvenation with lasers. This is often overlooked because even if you fill and pull back the skin envelope, the collagen and elastin bonds will still be weaker in an older face and if you don't fix the skin, it will look "off".

But anyway, I have these problems and I am 30, lol.

Can I ask who did your lip lift? I need a revision for this.

Reactions: MissOrange
Hey there guys.
I was wondering what are the best clinics in your opinion when it comes to a face lift and fat grafting?
I have major saggy skin after I got my jaw and cheekbone shaved and also to weight loss. I'm 26 and I look in my 40's it's that bad <\3

Hey there guys.
I was wondering what are the best clinics in your opinion when it comes to a face lift and fat grafting?
I have major saggy skin after I got my jaw and cheekbone shaved and also to weight loss. I'm 26 and I look in my 40's it's that bad <\3

Don't do fat grafting because if you put it into a reduced bone structure, it will drop.

I had fat grafting with poor bone structure and I need an SMAS lift just from that.

About face lifting, Regen did a blogger (qiuqiu or someone) and she was not yet 30. You could ask them?

Don't do fat grafting because if you put it into a reduced bone structure, it will drop.

I had fat grafting with poor bone structure and I need an SMAS lift just from that.

About face lifting, Regen did a blogger (qiuqiu or someone) and she was not yet 30. You could ask them?
Hello thank you for your respond.
When it comes to poor bones structure, I have done the jaw and cheek shaving three years ago. Will that still effect that fat grafting even though the surgery is rather old? And what is SMAS?.

SMAS is a type of full face lift that's quite common.

About fat - your problem is probably mostly a loose skin envelope - so if you fill up the envelope it will just result in a massive face. It's best to do tightening and then fill in the dark spots with fat or filler later on. If you now don't have a very strong bone structure (due to bone contouring), adding more fat in the face isn't a good long term plan because it will sag. If you have a strong bone structure and add fat, the bone structure can support the fat better.

Good tips MissOrange. I would also add multiple skin rejuvenation with lasers. This is often overlooked because even if you fill and pull back the skin envelope, the collagen and elastin bonds will still be weaker in an older face and if you don't fix the skin, it will look "off".

But anyway, I have these problems and I am 30, lol.

Can I ask who did your lip lift? I need a revision for this.
Hi Heylo,

I had my bullhorn lip lift done by Dr Caroline Mills in the UK in January 2017. It cost £2450 including a £250 consultation fee.

I went back to Seoul last month for free eyelid fat graft top up with MVP clinic as my eyelids started to hollow a little and top up was included in the original 3 million price back in May 2016. Here is what I look like less than 2 weeks post top up. This time Dr Seo took fat from my tummy through my belly button. The white cream is hydrocortisone 1% which seems to help with my raised bullhorn scar.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 9,156