How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's post is a concerning one on facelift surgeons. We have seen how a tpfer flew to Korea, paid $10k to Vlif for a smas facelift and ended up getting a DP unbeknownst to her. She was told after the operation! The face then sagged within months. This poor lady had her facial retaining ligaments permanently cut without her consent! I have yet to see a case of a face not sag after DP or DP revision as we need our scaffold ligaments!

Why would a surgeon do DP instead of smas while you are asleep unbeknownst to you? One obvious reason may be to gain practice doing DPs at your expense.

How then do you know if the surgeon does a dp instead of smas while you are asleep?

One way may be to look for 'dog ear' swellings in the upper cheeks. Think Angelina Jolie in Maleficent.

View attachment 6006918

Some ladies who have deep plane end up with these unusual deformities but what if you consented to a smas and developed suspicious dp dog ears?

With smas I have never seen any ladies develop dog ears.

What if you paid for smas, took postop pred but developed dog ears and early sagging within weeks?

Unless the surgeon tells you he did DP and not smas, how will you ever know?

You can ask for a copy of your operation records but what if the surgeon refuses to provide one?

It is a worry that some surgeons end up doing a different operation while you are under. Case in point, I paid for and consented to explant with a full anchor breast lift with Guy Sterne and awoke to a mini donut perareolar breast lift which put all the tension on my skin sutures closing around the areolae instead of an anchor lift distributing tension below the breast so as not to leave hypertrophic scarring. I ended up with early breast sagging and hypertrophic periareolar scarring. This led me down the rabbit hole of asking for a free revision, third degree periareolar laser burn, burn surgery repair, breast fat transfer for asymmetrical lift revision and finally areoiar medical tattoo to mask the pigment changes. He got away with it as his consent form just had one word mastopexy ie breast lift next to explant.

I was fortunate with my facelift as my surgeon was not doing deep planes in 2022.

All I can advise is find a surgeon or clinic who only does smas (ie ASPS clinic in Seoul) and not deep plane or have your smas under local as he cannot do a dp under local. And if you dare go under, then write on the consent form 'only SMAS' next to facelift/rhytidectomy so the surgeon cannot add 'sub' to smas as sub smas=DP! Then take a photo of your signed consent form as often times the consent form is on an ipad and not paper so may be easily altered.

Welcome to the unscrupulous world of plastic surgery where not only do you have to navigate ghost surgeons or doctor swapping in factory clinics or training hospitals, or one anaesthetist covering simultaneous patients under GA in Korea, but now the phenomenon of operation swapping both in Korea and in the UK!
Dear MissOrange, I'm planning to do deep face-lift SMAS, from your experience could you please recommend some names from Korea or China. Much appreciated in advance

Reactions: MissOrange
I have finished reversing accelerated aging from menopause 2.4 years ago. I don't plan on any more plastic surgery until my 70s. I just didn't want to look 50s. Looking 20s happened by accident as I reversed the changes menopause created to my face and body. For instance getting rid of nlfs will make anyone look 20s.

I am now focusing on longevity. Sadly 7 million people died of covid but I already worked out prophylaxis and early meds to prevent and treat so my OH and I are novids (never tested pos for covid). I have my working theories on how to prevent and treat cancer too. And am working on improving my memory with daily blueberries and vitamin E. There is a lot to keep me busy as my next project and challenge include how to tackle the pfizer covid mrna gene therapy jab side effects many of us took unwittingly and its risk of turbo cancer. But all this is reserved for my private social media account as this is a plastic surgery forum. And hopefully I have warned the public here on the permanent risks of deep plane facelifts.

According to this physical therapist's balance test I am also under 30s physically. Cross your arms, stand on one leg and close your eyes for at least 30 seconds.

View attachment 6010657
Thanks for sharing your outlook and indulging my curiosity. Yes, longevity is so important (health is wealth). Glad to hear you're taking good care of yourself. Thanks for the tips :smile: I've learned a lot from your thread about facelifts!

Dear MissOrange, I'm planning to do deep face-lift SMAS, from your experience could you please recommend some names from Korea or China. Much appreciated in advance
Hi @Sarakhamis, welcome to TPF. Just to clarify deep plane and smas are two different facelift procedures. The former will permanently damage your face by severing your facial retaining ligaments and the other will keep your ligaments intact and give you 10-15 years of lifted face longevity as long as you take postop oral steroids for a week to prevent any swelling.

My British friend is trying ASPS clinic in Seoul in 15 days. He will report back to me on his progress so I can determine how good Dr Lee's smas facelift is. ASPS do not give prednisolone to their patients so their faces will swell postop which leads to skin laxity. His prednisolone has arrived at heathrow from indiamart to stop any postop swelling.

I don't know any Chinese surgeons so can't recommend any. I have been watching Dr Tang on instagram for fun as the b&a facelift transformations are extreme.

Hi @Sarakhamis, welcome to TPF. Just to clarify deep plane and smas are two different facelift procedures. The former will permanently damage your face by severing your facial retaining ligaments and the other will keep your ligaments intact and give you 10-15 years of lifted face longevity as long as you take postop oral steroids for a week to prevent any swelling.

My British friend is trying ASPS clinic in Seoul in 15 days. He will report back to me on his progress so I can determine how good Dr Lee's smas facelift is. ASPS do not give prednisolone to their patients so their faces will swell postop which leads to skin laxity. His prednisolone has arrived at heathrow from indiamart to stop any postop swelling.

I don't know any Chinese surgeons so can't recommend any. I have been watching Dr Tang on instagram for fun as the b&a facelift transformations are extreme.
Thank you very much for getting back to me much appreciated. Do you still think that Dr. Dongman Park is a good option, regardless his outrageous price?!

Hi MissOrange, you mention that the deep plane FL permanently damages the face. I'm really curious to know what you've come across in your research that led you to that conclusion?

With the deep plane FL "fever" nowadays, it seems that 99/100 surgeons have completely abandoned SMAS lifting - finding before/after SMAS lift pics isn't so easy now.

Hi MissOrange, you mention that the deep plane FL permanently damages the face. I'm really curious to know what you've come across in your research that led you to that conclusion?

With the deep plane FL "fever" nowadays, it seems that 99/100 surgeons have completely abandoned SMAS lifting - finding before/after SMAS lift pics isn't so easy now.
I was wondering the same, most of the surgeons used extended deep face-lift instead of SMAS!

Reactions: filterme
I am now focusing on longevity. Sadly 7 million people died of covid but I already worked out prophylaxis and early meds to prevent and treat so my OH and I are novids (never tested pos for covid). I have my working theories on how to prevent and treat cancer too. And am working on improving my memory with daily blueberries and vitamin E. There is a lot to keep me busy as my next project and challenge include how to tackle the pfizer covid mrna gene therapy jab side effects many of us took unwittingly and its risk of turbo cancer. But all this is reserved for my private social media account as this is a plastic surgery forum. And hopefully I have warned the public here on the permanent risks of deep plane facelifts.

I'm interested in anti-aging, inside and out, so I follow the longevity scene. Here's some youtubers I'd recommend checking out:

Hi @tm_travels there is no down side. Side effects occur at doses above 40 mg taken over 6 weeks. Postop use is 30 mgs for an average female or 40 mg for a large female for 7 days only. Dr Andrew Jacono in nyc prescribes for up to 2 weeks.

What I learned from my close friend who took 30 mg a day for a week is prednisolone also prevented her from feeling pain too as well as reduced swelling and bruising.

Yes as far as I am aware only Dr Lee at Honette Clinic in korea prescribes pred with his face fat grafts but is not a facelift surgeon.
Hey, may I know did you feel pressure on your eyes after fat grafting? I did fg to my upper eyelid 3 weeks ago and I’m still swollen and feeling the pressure. Also May I know how long after did the fullness of the upper eyelid go down and then stabilized for you?

I noticed I was getting a nlf and marionette on my pescetarian vegan hardly any protein diet and remembered that protein improves the collagen in the face. Also tpfers in Korea back in 2016 told me to stop wearing aging eyeshadow. Here is my 58 yo face just now looking young again without eyeshadow and after a few days of eating kfc skin on chicken, avocados, berries, burger whopper meat, wagamama katsu chicken, grilled chicken, etc. And here is the official list of foods to improve the collagen in your face to remove lines and wrinkles. https://www.eatingwell.com/article/7896640/best-foods-to-eat-for-a-collagen-boost/

20240608_170207.jpg

I was wondering the same, most of the surgeons used extended deep face-lift instead of SMAS!
I know. A friend of mine had a SMAS lift that failed within about 4 months. She then had a deep plane about 2 years later with a different surgeon. It made a big difference and it has still held up after 18 months.

Her experience (along with others) makes it very difficult to understand how the deep plane would make the face sag horribly by default, although I've no doubt it has for some. The woman in the attached article got 20 years out of a deep plane facelift - from her late 40s to late 60s.

I feel a mix of SMAS with some deep plane dissection (dual plane) may be an alternative approach to look at.

Personally I feel ageing isn't just due to A or B, and a facelift isn't a magic bullet for some people. The lucky ones start off with the right anatomy that allows them to really get a wow result, whether it's from a deep plane or SMAS.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 10.42.57.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 10.42.57.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: Gats
Hi @MissOrange
I'm grateful for you sharing your expertise on this site.
I had one question: I'm in my late 20s, and I recently had jaw surgery for sleep apnea, with a cheek implant. It seems this has caused my skin to bunch up in the paranasal area, whether due to ligaments being released during the incisions or a sagging malar fat pad I don't know, causing very pronounced nasolabial folds and nasojugal grooves. I think a midface lift is needed to fix it. Do you know what techniques doctors use when it just addresses the midface lift? Doctors seem to specify if they do deep plane or smas with a full facelift but not with midface lift. No websites I've come across specify, they just call it a " midface lift."

I have finished reversing accelerated aging from menopause 2.4 years ago. I don't plan on any more plastic surgery until my 70s. I just didn't want to look 50s. Looking 20s happened by accident as I reversed the changes menopause created to my face and body. For instance getting rid of nlfs will make anyone look 20s.

According to this physical therapist's balance test I am also under 30s physically. Cross your arms, stand on one leg and close your eyes for at least 30 seconds.

View attachment 6010657
I saw several articles in the last 10 days about this. I have been hesitant to take Fish Oil caps since, trying to eat more salmon instead
WEDNESDAY, May 22, 2024 (HealthDay News) -- Folks regularly taking fish oil supplements might not be helping their health as much as they might think, a new study suggests.
Regular use of fish oil supplements could increase the risk of first-time heart disease and stroke among those with good heart health, new research suggests.
However, the long-term study also found that fish oil can help those whose hearts are already in trouble, potentially slowing the progression of heart problems and lowering the risk of death.
Healthy people taking fish oil supplements had a 13% increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation, a heart rhythm problem that increases the risk of heart attack and stroke, researchers found.
They also had a 5% increased risk of stroke, results show.
“Our findings suggest caution in the use of fish oil supplements for primary prevention because of the uncertain cardiovascular benefits and adverse effects,” wrote the research team led by Dr. Hualiang Lin, an epidemiologist with Sun Yat-Sen University in Guangzhou, China.
But in those with existing heart disease, regular use of fish oil lowered risk of a heart attack due to atrial fibrillation by 15%, and the risk of heart failure leading to death by 9%.
“Regular use of fish oil supplements might have different roles in the progression of cardiovascular disease,” based on whether someone already has heart problems, the researchers suggested.
“Overall, I would say that the days where people just go to the store and buy buckets of fish oil pills to keep them well should be over, but fish oil may still have a role in people who are already sick," Dr. Andrew Freeman, director of cardiovascular prevention and wellness at National Jewish Health in Denver, told CNN.

When it comes to fish oil, “the devil is in the details,” neurologist Dr. Richard Isaacson, director of research at the Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases in Boca Raton, Fla., told CNN.
“First, we recommend testing for omega-3 fatty acid levels -- there are finger-prick tests you can buy online which are accurate -- and then you should continue to test. You don’t want to take fish oil if you don’t need it,” he stressed.
Isaacson recommended getting omega-3 fatty acids from food and added that sardines and wild-caught salmon are the best sources. Farm-raised salmon is not the best choice, he said, because of impurities in the water in which they are raised.
Fish oil remains a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids, which are thought to help both heart and brain health. As such, health experts recommend that people eat oily fish like salmon at least once a week or use fish oil supplements, researchers said in background notes.
For the study, the team analyzed data from nearly 416,000 people ages 40 to 69 participating in a large-scale health study in the United Kingdom. These people were surveyed between 2006 and 2010 to gather basic health information, including their regular diet and supplement use. https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...a,a 5% increased risk of stroke, results show.

Status
Not open for further replies.